1 digit missing from GEMMA H2S display

Sorry if this has been asked before but couldn't find it in the search.

I have a ZGEMMA H2S with the whooshbuild. A digit is missing from the clock / channel display. I've updated the box from the software menu, still no joy. It's not a faulty display as when it starts the word boot is display so I know it's not a issue with the display. I'm guessing it's a software issue I suppose the only thing left is to reflash the box but that's a pain.

Can anyone else help as to what else l can do

TIA

Mark

I had this problem when I first got my H2H. In clock mode all four LED digits would display, yet parts of them would appear missing. eg. An "8" might be mistaken for a "9" if the bottom left part of the digit was missing etc. Same as yourself the "boot" word would always display perfectly regardless.

I found that installing 'permanetvfdclock' extension plugin, from the Plugins menu, fixed it. Even after several reflashes the fix has remained without the need to install the plugin again, which I didn't quite get but hey ho!

Probably a good idea to restart the box after you've installed it to ensure it's effective.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

That didnt work ive just realised that it is actually says bo t on restart. Sounds like l need a new lcd screen. Any ideas?

Just read your thread as i have the same problem even after many flashes,driving me nuts,
what was your fix?
cheers

I'd just disable the screen if it happened on me..... who actually looks at their screen anyway?

I have a H.2H with 2nd digit missing in LED display, so 'boot' reads 'b ot' - is there a fix for this?
I read somewhere that it could be a failed solder on the display printed circuit board inside case.

Back