12-year-old girl found dead in Dublin

allybird58

VIP Member
TK Supporter
14.jpg
12-year-old girl found dead in Dublin
Saturday, 28 August 2010 18:15
Gardaí are investigating the circumstances surrounding the discovery of the body of a 12-year-old girl on the banks of the Grand Canal in Dublin this afternoon.

The child was reported missing by her parents in the early hours of this morning.

The cause of death has not been determined.

The girl was last seen alive in the early hours of this morning.

She had been out with friends yesterday evening and came home.

It is believed that at around midnight she told her parents that she was stepping out for a few minutes, but when she did not come back they reported her missing at Blanchardstown Garda station.

Gardaí began searching for her and continued searching throughout the day.

They also made contact with a young person who told them he had seen her in the early hours of this morning.

However, her body was discovered by a passerby in overgrown hedging along the bank of the Grand Canal at around 4pm.

The area has now been sealed off.

The State Pathologist's office has been informed and the child's body remains at the scene pending a preliminary examination and post mortem.​

Does'nt bear thinking about Ally, very sad news, my daughter is that age, really hits home :( may she RIP.

Very sad indeed,but i'm just wondering why a 12 year old is "stepping out" around midnight,even if its only for a few minutes,poor thing should have been safely tucked up in bed.

God rest her soul

This is really is sad!, I have 2 children myself and if this happened to any of them life wouldn't be worth living, may she rest in peace and my heart goes out to the parents. :(

Update
Youth held after 12-year-old girl found dead
Saturday, 28 August 2010 23:06
Gardaí have tonight arrested a youth in connection with the death of a 12-year-old girl whose body was found on the banks of the Royal Canal at Porterstown in West Dublin this afternoon.

The girl had left her home just after midnight, and her parents reported her missing about two hours later.

Gardaí are treating her death as suspicious.

A post mortem due to be carried out tomorrow morning will determine the cause of the child's death and whether or not drink, drugs or violence were involved.

A 19-year-old man was arrested after he presented himself at Blanchardstown Garda station tonight.

He can be held for 24 hours.​

Thanks for the update Ally ;)

A 19 year old, if he has got anything to do with this what was he doing with a child ffs :( very very sad.

this is a very sad day, a 12 year old killed by a 19 year old, you can only feel sorry for the parents as they now have to live with themselves, knowing that if they had not allowed their child to "step out" she would still be with them, R.I.P.

This is really is sad!, I have 2 children myself and if this happened to any of them life wouldn't be worth living, may she rest in peace and my heart goes out to the parents. :(

Thats exactly what I was thinking....

RIP little girl, may you find peace now.

Back