19.2E on Sly dish?

What would you guys recommend I do? I live in an apartment tower, on the 4th floor. Would it be possible to get 19.2e on a normal sly dish? I would just get someone to align it for me.
Can you reach your dish,?

Yes you can get 19.2 on a normal dish - someone even said they got the channels without moving the dish... I don't know if there's any truth in that?
Ye, someone on my thread said that, just put another bracket on their standard minidish.

4th floor, that's a BIG ladder......
Yup, sly installed it in the worst location. My neighbours on the bottom and top floors have it installed on their balcony, so they can fiddle around with theirs. Mine is on wall that I can't reach :/.

I have done a few dishes with 28.2 and 19e. Basically all you need to do is cable tie another lnb to the right of the existing lnb (28.2) and it's pretty much there. Obviously I used a meter to correctly align the lnb then held together with cable ties. Took about 5minutes

Attachments

• IMG_20170724_184426137.jpg
    IMG_20170724_184426137.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 48
I have done a few dishes with 28.2 and 19e. Basically all you need to do is cable tie another lnb to the right of the existing lnb (28.2) and it's pretty much there. Obviously I used a meter to correctly align the lnb then held together with cable ties. Took about 5minutes
I really don't need my dish to be aligned to 28.2 as we have a communal dish. They moved all residents over 5-7 years back. But thank you for the suggestion.

Yup, sly installed it in the worst location. My neighbours on the bottom and top floors have it installed on their balcony, so they can fiddle around with theirs. Mine is on wall that I can't reach :/.

could you install another on your balcony?
its not really that hard tbh

could you install another on your balcony?
its not really that hard tbh
I do not have the knowledge to install a dish :P. Had to ask you guys to even know 19.2e was available on a normal sly dish.
Cost wise, I have an unused sly dish on the wall. Got quotes from £50-£60 to align to 19.2e.
Or £90 to install another dish. It's fine with me. However will look into possibility of installing a motorized dish.

I do not have the knowledge to install a dish :LOL:. Had to ask you guys to even know 19.2e was available on a normal sly dish.
Cost wise, I have an unused sly dish on the wall. Got quotes from £50-£60 to align to 19.2e.
Or £90 to install another dish. It's fine with me. However will look into possibility of installing a motorized dish.

50£ isnt bad at all, its prob an hours work, or so, but more like 2hours by the time the guy gets in his van, drives toi you etc etc etc, and uses his ladders etc, some people forget all that for us self employed blokes.
my own 65cm dish with 3 LNBs and diseqc switches etc cost about 100£
but, I'd suggest an 80cm dish as a minimum tbh, I was just a bit pushed on size due to where my dish was, and a wife that would have kicked off, :cool:

50£ isnt bad at all, its prob an hours work, or so, but more like 2hours by the time the guy gets in his van, drives toi you etc etc etc, and uses his ladders etc, some people forget all that for us self employed blokes.
my own 65cm dish with 3 LNBs and diseqc switches etc cost about 100£
but, I'd suggest an 80cm dish as a minimum tbh, I was just a bit pushed on size due to where my dish was, and a wife that would have kicked off, :cool:
Haha, luckily the wife uses the balcony just for drying clothes, so doesn't care what's attached to it.

Luffy, you're unsure of putting a new dish on the wall but you're happy to have a go at re-tuning your box to pick up 19.2e ... sounds like you just don't want to get your hands dirty :grin: ;)

My dish is on the front of my house - it's pushing the limit though at 1.1m ... if my house was facing the other way, I would put up a bigger dish :grin:

Luffy, you're unsure of putting a new dish on the wall but you're happy to have a go at re-tuning your box to pick up 19.2e ... sounds like you just don't want to get your hands dirty :grin: ;)

My dish is on the front of my house - it's pushing the limit though at 1.1m ... if my house was facing the other way, I would put up a bigger dish :grin:

if my wife wouldnt notice so would I,,,,, lol

tbh, I might do it anyway if I can get a chance when she goes on holiday,,,,,,,,, :cool:

Reactions: ste

Haha :grin: all that money i've saved, might as well use it

Back