19.2e

How easy is it to set up a motorised system?

Pretty easy to be honest - I had mine done 99% but just couldn't lock onto sats... turned out i'd made an error setting the elevation as I used the angle given on the Dishpointer website and I should have used the angle in the back of the motor's manual ... once i'd rectified this and scanned a sat at either end of the visible arc for good signal the rest just fell into place - obviously I needed to set up USALS on my receiver and input my long and lat but yeah, pretty easy unless you have a huge dish high up on the wall like I did which made it a 2 man job haha :grin:

Oh, not really viable for me then,
How big a dish would be needed to have split lnbs,? One for 28 & one for 19, is it possible to get across that far on one dish even,?

Oh, not really viable for me then,
How big a dish would be needed to have split lnbs,? One for 28 & one for 19, is it possible to get across that far on one dish even,?

You'd probably get 28.2, 23.5, 19.2, maybe 16 on your standard minidish ... you can buy zone 2 dishes though that aren't much bigger than a S*y minidish and same shape too that would be better for the job then you can use a disecq switch to switch between them.

You'd probably get 28.2, 23.5, 19.2, maybe 16 on your standard minidish ... you can buy zone 2 dishes though that aren't much bigger than a S*y minidish and same shape too that would be better for the job then you can use a disecq switch to switch between them.

thats the business, probably an 60cm dish ? I'm in the NW UK, my current dish is only about 40cm, so is that a standard minidish?
I could just put a dual lnb in for the other satellites as I only need them for 2 positions, so could keep them seperate from the multiswitch and splice them into the feeds leaving the multiswitch

I have a small dish for 28e and a 90cm dish for 13e and 19e with 2 lnbs offset between the 2 positions. With disec switching between the 3, I can pick up everything on the 3 sats with no waiting for the dish to move. Its just like having them all on one lnb and dish. Lots of movies with English sountrack on 13e and 19e. Sports is usually in Spanish, german and polish.

Yes - obviously you will need more LNB's plus switch.

ye, Ive got the quad lnb I took off when I fitted my multiswitch, and a couple of dual lnbs Ive acquired somewhere, so all I think I'd need are the disecq things, I've only got twin input ones, and I might as well try and get all 3 (or 4) sats if I can and I'm going to this trouble.

thanks for the help ste, :(y):

Sorry folks a little help if you's don't mind I've seen zgemma star 2s box I want to setup tomorrow on 19.2. It's got the wooshbuild image I'm not sure how exactly I'll be able to find channels will I just move and dish and then just do a research for channels on the box?? I've also requested a euro sub to use.

Cheers shane

Sorry folks a little help if you's don't mind I've seen zgemma star 2s box I want to setup tomorrow on 19.2. It's got the wooshbuild image I'm not sure how exactly I'll be able to find channels will I just move and dish and then just do a research for channels on the box?? I've also requested a euro sub to use.

Cheers shane

in stafinder select this transponder

10744H 22000 - Arte

then tweak your dish till you get the strongest signal for that channel and then you can scan for rest of channels

Back