1m satellite dish

Anst11

Hi guys,

Just getting used to using a V8S for using satellite, and its fine. However, What I really want to do (and know nothing about how to do it) is to install a bigger 1m motorized dish in the back garden, connect that to a type of box in the living room and pick and choose which satellite we want to watch from.

Is this possible? and if so,. what equipment should I be looking at buying?

and how much am I looking at for someone to come sort out?

we already have an 80cm dish for german and french tv and we watch quite a lot of european tv.

what should I do?

cheers

You could motorize your 80cm dish, and still get most of the satellites showing european tv
You will need a wall mount, preferably an L-shaped one
A H2H motor to move the dish from satellite to satellite.
Your V8S will work adequately well as it is set up for multi-satellite use.
If you wish to view encrypted channels, you will also require a euroline subscription.

Kieron

They're fairly easy to set up if you follow one of the many guides available online

Depends on your line of sight to satellites.-----With a fair sized garden [40-50metres] then get a scaffold pole and drop it approx 1m into ground--secure with a bit of concrete filling and add 3 guy wires to stabilise, stop it moving and to stay vertical. [nick the pole to keep costs low]
Obtain a H-H motor off the bay [£40]----use your 8ocm dish as enough for europe or there are cheap 1m dishes for sale once again on the bay.
Attach motor to pole and set facing due south--add your dish--try to use a 1db lnb---all set up guides are here on forum but if not sure then ask.
As above post states you can also attach fittings to a wall or shed etc by use of a"L" pole.
You can motorise for a total of about £50 then obtain a sub and voila.
Reaper.

Back