Cable 24th Nov Borked update?

BeakyFord

TK Veteran
Dont mean to start a panic but I have just updated my H7C & its stuck on 49 so there may be a bad update!

Im going to check my other Enigma2 boxes shortly to see IF more models have been effected (I suspect they will fail on the update)

Just a heads up... backup before you update just in case!

Posted about this at 6am. There was kernels in the update and they break everything

Had no update on the h7 but the h2s had a red boot

I did a software update on h52tc this morning and the box wouldn't even get past boot so had to reflash, think there have been issues for last couple of days with boxes not restarting after software update

The update is giving me problems with BBC1 and BBC1 HD ? its set to my region but it scans in midlands with no picture, and i cant get the HD bouquets ? its set up the same as before as far as i can see, it was fine before just had the audio description on .
My backup is corrupt also so im stuck .

The update is giving me problems with BBC1 and BBC1 HD ? its set to my region but it scans in midlands with no picture, and i cant get the HD bouquets ? its set up the same as before as far as i can see, it was fine before just had the audio description on .
My backup is corrupt also so im stuck .

It's already been reported that updating will cause problems, just reflash with new build and don't perform any updates

You can't do anything about the corrupted backup now, audio description problem is sorted on the newer builds, grogbuild, wooshbuild etc

mine comes up as BBC Midlands too but shows BBC North west, it's livable with.

Tried re flashing with standard atv even worse, tried grogbuild again have to search through all on epg to find a bbc1 and itv that works , got no hd epg unless i search through all by pressing the tv button, if i then try to go on normal epg it blue screens, i have hd skin selected ? seems like it's set to wrong area but i have set it to mine ? think i'll try a factory reset ?

Tried re flashing with standard atv even worse, tried grogbuild again have to search through all on epg to find a bbc1 and itv that works , got no hd epg unless i search through all by pressing the tv button, if i then try to go on normal epg it blue screens, i have hd skin selected ? seems like it's set to wrong area but i have set it to mine ? think i'll try a factory reset ?

Don't do a factory reset :grimacing:
download the latest build from Downloads - don't use the flash files you downloaded last week
put them on a formatted (fat32) usb stick
flash as normal and check the netid list posted by @cactikid http://www.techkings.org/threads/cable-netids.65862/
make sure you have Virgin set as provider and do a scan in autobouquetsmaker - don't run any updates when you've flashed

Don't do a factory reset :grimacing:
download the latest build from Downloads - don't use the flash files you downloaded last week
put them on a formatted (fat32) usb stick
flash as normal and check the netid list posted by @cactikid http://www.techkings.org/threads/cable-netids.65862/
make sure you have Virgin set as provider and do a scan in autobouquetsmaker - don't run any updates when you've flashed
my net id is correct, set as virgin, i'l try the latest download if that is new !

Back