2s setup and recording qustions

rpidemon

TK Veteran
Good afternoon and a merry xmas to you all.

1st question. I am currently waiting for my dish to be fitted in the mean time can I flash my desired image to the box or should I wait until I am connected to the dish?

2nd question. When recording to a mains powered external hard drive how much gb do programs take up e.g. a 1 hour episode and what format do they record in?

Merry xmas and all the best for the New Year.

And a merry Christmas to you Sir.

You can pre flash your box while waiting for your dish.

HD recordings take up more space than SD but around 350mb for an hour of SD and 1Gb for HD (roughly)

Not sure what format the recordings save as but Kodi, Vlc and Windows media player has no problems with playing them back.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Don't know about recording as don't do it yet you can flash it and get the skins and updates done save some time when the dish is fitted I've set a few up for mates and never connected them to the dish

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your help that is my boxing day sorted preparation is half the battle won, am I correct in assuming that the box will function as normal menus etc but show no signal?

Thanks again for your help and enjoy the rest of the festive period,

Thank you all for your help that is my boxing day sorted preparation is half the battle won, am I correct in assuming that the box will function as normal menus etc but show no signal?

Thanks again for your help and enjoy the rest of the festive period,
Yes, the box should be fully functional apart from signal.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Good evening chaps, I am all up and running now and I have my line installed. But there is one slight hick up when i bought my dish off everybody favorite online auction site I thought it had everything with it but the guy who has just come and fit it has told me i do not have the correct coax cable for a twin tuner is this true or has he just bungled it up quick as it was getting dark ROFL at the moment i am just running through a single feed.

Back