2s turning itself off and on again

Gerryd13

as the title says.....just now n again it will switch it self off then back on again...or sometimes when i get in work its switched it's self back on?! anyone had this before?? i'm using wooshman build 3.01 but very doubt thats the issue

will do....do you think its something to do with the HDMI as if i move the box or hit the wire it knocks it off....but the problem i posted is when im not near it and just watching tv

If the box is turning off when you knock it or the cable than you have a loose connection somewhere.
If HDMI CEC is enabled it could be affecting the box with the HDMI signals going off and on.

dont mess with cables with units powered on,hdmi ports have had a few issues with been faulty.

very true,

i`ve had two with the screen going pink and no sound, and another with no sound, so i reckon treat the hdmi port with care when attaching the cable.

One other thought... If your box is using Vix, the default behaviour for an enigma 2 crash is a full gui reboot. For example, I missed around with my Autobouquets configuration a few weeks ago, when ABM ran early in the morning, it would crash the OS, cause a reboot and hey presto, it's switched on without me doing anything. Once I realised what the crash was, I fixed it and no more issues.

TC

Back