3 days of trying with blank screen!

ElPrawner

Hi there,

for the last 3 days I've been trying unsuccessfully to get VM paid channels on my new Vu + Solo SE box.

I have had the help of a forum member who has been doing it 6 years. He has been teamviewring in to my set up for 3 nights running- poor lad! I think we need fresh eyes on it- it can sometimes be the best thing after staring at the same thing hour after hour.

I have FTA channels

I am running oscam with a working line until 8pm tomorrow.

I am running open Vix 3.2.037 .

I followed Bees tut on setting up the box.

what else can I do? Anyone else wanna teamviewer in?!!?

cheers for now.

El Prawn

That was tried yesterday. Does it hurt to try I tonight?

---------- Post Merged at 10:58 PM ----------

originally it was run with mgcam

Last edited:
*superman music fades out*
Well lamblamb came to the rescue and tried a mgcamd out for me and that's what worked. I am now watching glorious HD!
What a box by the way the Vu+ Solo SE is.

---------- Post Merged at 11:38 PM ----------

you bet!! I'm getting a cold one on the go and chilling out for 1/2 hr before zzzzzz . Top man!

I am indeed happy with picture quality and the box. However (there is always an however!) there are two things happening:

So to recap: Vu+ Solo SE Open Vix 3.2.037.

Virmin Media Bristol

mgcamd 138 from download plugins section on box.

1. Last night I was still awake to witness AutoBouquetsMaker do its daily scan at 1am. As soon as it finished I was unable to view channels again :( They went blank apart from FTA.
I was knackered and went to bed after trying to restart cam and all that jazz, so left it til morning. I had rebooted the box as well. In the end I had to do a complete service scan again this morning. I will not know until later if the same thing will happen . Any advice on this one?

2. I regularly have to restart the cam. I will switch to a different channel and it will be blank or no audio. It's not something I want the kids messing with. I have to say that every single time I restart the cam it solves the issue! Any ideas, comrades?!
I have tried mgcamd 138 and 135a via the softcams downloads.

I'm in discussion with the gift provider but no harm chucking it out there we agreed!

Cheers,

ElPrawn.

sounds like wrong net id scanned in abm,recheck your settings.1.38 is the working cam to use,also sounds like its not set to auto start and you have to do it manually.

Thanks Cactikid. The other network ID is 40971 which I'm def not as no channels come up. 40970 also worked on my old KV and 40971 didn't.
Regarding the auto start- how is that sorted out? cheers

---------- Post Merged at 08:06 PM ----------

Had to roll back to 3.2.027 from 4.0 originally to even get pictures!

---------- Post Merged at 08:06 PM ----------

Had to roll back to 3.2.027 from 4.0 originally to even get pictures!

via blue button mine is set to autostart,blue to stop it starting.

Attachments

• cam setup.jpg
    cam setup.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 35
yeah mine is set to auto start. I thought it might be in some other Config....

so it keeps happening: I will flick channels happily and then a channel will be blank or no audio so I'll have to go in and restart the cam. I do leave it 10 seconds each time for shits n giggles in case it is going to come good.
Any ideas?

maybe try different mg_cfg from downloads as it should not be taking that long unless a setting is wrong.

forgot to add sometimes box and router need a reboot to clear issues.

okay. Not in front of the box at the mo, but is it 1.35a the only other one I can use or can I use others? I have used 1.35a and it does the same thing.
Will be in front of box in 5 mins but reading all of this!!

Hi Cactikid. My 24hr test line is now gone so I can't do much until I get another. I don't know if it's worth reflashing the box ? I won't be using it anyway until I get the new test.

Thought I would update:
I decided to do a clean install.
I reflash led with Open Vix 4.03
Downloaded mgcamd 1.38
Then my line provider ensured correct Config was on the box and Hey Presto! I haven't had to restart the cam once, yet. :)

excellent news your now getting better at sorting out issues,daunting at first,now nearly a natural at it.
got your line and cfg saved on desktop yet?

Back