3 red rings xbox 360

j4son

engflaghi guys,just wondering how do u get rid of the 3 red rings on my sons x-box and wot do they mean???is there a way 2 get rid of them???he said he turned it on,started 2 load a game and then it froze,game over!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If your Xbox is still within the warranty period, simply contact Microsoft and arrange to have it sent it for repair or replacement.

engflaghi guys,just wondering how do u get rid of the 3 red rings on my sons x-box and wot do they mean???is there a way 2 get rid of them???he said he turned it on,started 2 load a game and then it froze,game over!!!!!!!

this happened to us as 7th said go on the microsoft website and register your xbox ( if not already done) and if its less than 3 yrs old the warrenty will still be valid for the 3 rings of death. There is also a how to on there. Simply contact them they will email you back with instructions. It took less than 2 weeks to ship to Germany get it repaired and back again.
When you check the tutorial it will give you a what to do and ask some simple Q's all with a video for help.
Make sure 1st that your power supply is connected correclty ( ie all the cable in tight and that the xbox is not overheating)

see this thread i started a while back >>> http://www.techkings.org/xbox-360/9813-xbox-ring-death-help.html

thanks linny & 7th,start lookin in2 it now,he's doin me head in its only been a day,bring back zx spectrum,lol

lol j4son ive got a 17 yr old that was doing my head in yet hes got a ps3 with same game on ( COD) but it wasnt the same lol!
hope you get it sorted x
Linny :)

hi guys,had 2 go outa town workin,went in2 ms web site and its already bin registard(bought it 2nd hand,6mths old)ms sayin gota ring up,b4 i give em detailswud i need original receipt???or is it xbox thats under warrinty????:whacko:thanks 4 lookin

Sorry, didn't understand a word you said . Please knock off the txt speak in here.

Thread moved from xbox games to xbox forum.

hi guys,had 2 go outa town workin,went in2 ms web site and its already bin registard(bought it 2nd hand,6mths old)ms sayin gota ring up,b4 i give em detailswud i need original receipt???or is it xbox thats under warrinty????:whacko:thanks 4 lookin

as said if you can re write so we can understand what you are trying to say we can help more.
but form what i can make out you need to go online to xbox and ask for a repair - no need to ring it can be done online by going to correct place, you can ring thme but think they are in Germany loook up repair my xbox or similar

hi chaps,as i bought the xbox 2nd hand,i was just wondering wheather that will affect the warrinty as its already bin registerd with another address,i tryed to register but just kept telling me to ring them,thanksengsmile

ah well in that case you best ring them can you not change the address on file, you have to log in with your msn/hotmail/xbox live id

Hi there, if your xbox cannot be fixed because of the warranty not being valid go to this site and buy RROD REPAIR KIT, ive sorted a few xbox360's thats had the dreaded red ring of death, its very cheap aswell, you get everything you need to sort it and it actually works guys. ok heres the site '360upgrades.co.uk' You wont regret it but you will regret not giving it a go...

Back