30w no signal

fozzer

Hi I have a 1m motrised dish have had it for about 8 years and used to get 30w on it but now I can' get a signal on hispasat so I think it needs realigning but don' know how to do that can anyone one advise me on how I could do this thanks.

Buy a cheap sat meter from the bay and then you can re-align your dish very easily.Check your other sats before playing and if using USALS check your location settings as sometimes the dish doesn't quite sit on the sats furthest east or west due to motor error.
Reaper.

That is incorrect info guys---he needs a sat meter not flylead.
Will send link.
Reaper.

Last edited:
Its just a short coax with an F plug on each end---or you can buy a flylead at the poundshop or make one--very easy.
Reaper.

So how do i connect it up. Want to go out and get it but need to make sure I get everythng so sat meter fly lead is that it thanks

You need the sat meter plus the flylead.
On the back of the meter you will find marked ends as REC and LNB---connect the flylead to the end marked LNB---undo the lead already on the lnb and screw the free end of the flylead to the lnb---now fix the original lead to the meter connection marked REC---move your dish to the 30w position and set receiver to a known channel---leave receiver on and go to dish--turn control on meter to halfway position--now adjust dish until meter gives highest position [usually gives loud audible noise]---once at best position lock dish, turn meter to lowest position and check on tv for picture--if all ok then carefully remove meter and flylead--reconnect original lead to lnb and thats it.
Reaper.

Back