3G / 4G Dongle wireless

stoddy2k01

Hi All.
Does anybody have any idea if this will work.

My friend has a mobile home with no Broadband therefore I wondered if he was to get a 3G / 4G Dongle which holds a SIM card and if he purchases a mobile wireless router ( Portable thing with an Ethernet socket in it.

Would he be able to operate an F5s skybox with it. As far as I am aware all he would need the wifi connection for is to keep the line open thus being able to operate the F5s and with the other obvious equipment would it work does anybody know of this and how long would or how much 3G / 4G Data would be required . Would it take a lot or what.

Any advice or ideas would be appreciated on this as he has no Broadband only 3G access. Upshot is he owns a mobile home with no TV any suggestions.

Thanks in advance..
imagegif

Seen posts before of people doing the exact thing can't be much of a friend though if gonna let him get a f5 show some mercy and at least get a zgemma at the very leastlol

Hahaha Gibblets he's not my best friend. And tbh I'm just getting advice for him. 30 Mb a day is not bad. Do you know if we are going in the right direction or does anybody have any suggestions on other devices thanks guys.

When I'm in my mothers (No DSL) I connect a vodafone 3g dongle to an old vodafone router. I then access the router settings and connect to the 3g dongle through HSPA management. This allows me to use the LAN ports (connect sat recevier) and broadcast WiFi (connect wireless devices) all at once.
Hope this helps.

Thanks Mark5562 i appreciate all tips and advice..
Just a question how much data would you say you would use based on a days usage. or whatever would you estimate.

Not much about 20/30mb a day as you're not streaming content, internet connection is only used for decryption. So a small monthly allowance would do fine. I'd shop around see whats out there on different networks

Nice one Mate. I'll do some shopping around and i'll come back to you if i have any more questions..Thanks again.

If he has a mobile phone with a data package that includes tethering, je could get a wifi dongle for the f5s (or whatever he gets) and use that instead of shelling out for a new dongle or mifi.

Kieron

Back