4HD and All4 - leaving freesat (apparently)

chenks

TK Veteran
just saw a email come out from "freesat" saying that 4HD and All4 is leaving freesat.
no mention if they are going pay or not, but quite a strange turn of events.

the link in the email looks "dodgy" though.

We’re sorry to announce that All 4 and 4HD will be leaving Freesat on Thursday 22nd February, 2018.

Channel 4 is still available in standard definition, but any recordings you have scheduled for 4HD will need to be re-set in SD (via channel 104).

E4, More 4, 4seven and Film4 remain unaffected and can be accessed via the TV guide as usual, but the rollback guide and catch-up TV for all of the Channel 4 channels will no longer be available via your Freesat box.

If you have any questions about these changes please read our Q&A here, and to find out where else you can watch All 4 please visit all4.com/how-to-watch

apparently freesat are putting up the EPG charge, and Channel 4 have said "sod that", so pulling those two channel off the platform.

what does moving the dish have to do with 4HD and All4 leaving freesat.
they are still there viewable for free, just no longer on the freesat EPG.

So what's the point of your post then? My point however is there's plenty more birds in the sky. No need to be stuck on 28.2e mote variety elsewhere. For example rtl on 19.2 show ppv boxing for free....
Sport1 show premier league darts for free.....

But you said they're being removed, then not being removed. I just stated look elsewhere. Whatever anyway.....

But you said they're being removed, then not being removed. I just stated look elsewhere. Whatever anyway.....

where did I say "not being removed"?
the post clearly says they are being removed from the freesat platform.

So what's the point of your post then? My point however is there's plenty more birds in the sky. No need to be stuck on 28.2e mote variety elsewhere. For example rtl on 19.2 show ppv boxing for free....
Sport1 show premier league darts for free.....
and
all the MotoGP and F1 in glorious HD
along with World Superbikes [ also in HD ]
and as much speedway as you want if you are lucky enough to also get N+Sport [ 13e ]

whats not to like,?

:grin::grin::grin:

and
all the MotoGP and F1 in glorious HD
along with World Superbikes [ also in HD ]
and as much speedway as you want if you are lucky enough to also get N+Sport [ 13e ]

whats not to like,?

Yes but it's not freesat though steptoe ffs

:grin::grin::grin:

So essentially, your post on this discussion about 4HD coming off FreeSat is to tell us to move around the dish frequencies? How will this help get 4HD back?

So essentially, your post on this discussion about 4HD coming off FreeSat is to tell us to move around the dish frequencies? How will this help get 4HD back?
but, according to the OP, its not coming off freesat at all now, he has changed his mind in the space of half a dozen posts
oh, 4HD is available on 19e [iirc] , along with some other UK channels

but, according to the OP, its not coming off freesat at all now, he has changed his mind in the space of half a dozen posts
oh, 4HD is available on 19e [iirc] , along with some other UK channels
Where does he state that it isn't coming off FreeSat? Maybe I've lost the plot but that's not how I read it.

Where does he state that it isn't coming off FreeSat? Maybe I've lost the plot but that's not how I read it.

post #7 by chenks

his posts are making as much sense as boiling your eyeballs,,,,,,,

post #7 by chenks

his posts are making as much sense as boiling your eyeballs,,,,,,,
I presumed he meant still free on Freeview and normal terrestrial aerials - just not FreeSat anymore.

I presumed he meant still free on Freeview and normal terrestrial aerials - just not FreeSat anymore.
thats NOT what he said,
he said they are leaving freesat,
then said they are only not paying for a listing on the epg,
completely different,
there are lots of channels available that arent on the EPG

Back