4K Cable

rhythmm

With there being a few cable boxes around that support 4K UHD (2160p) such as the zgemma H7C and VU+ boxes, are there any 4k cable sub providers available that supply the likes of BT Sport/Sky Sports in their 4k formats.

Or are these boxes just used to upscale the HD channels already available?

these boxes are not only for the uk market
other parts of the world it maybe possible

but in the uk you cant get anything in 4k with them

I fear 4k may be like 3D and never really take off, broadcasters wont broadcast until there's a big demand, ie 4k tv's become popular, 4k tv's wont become popular until the prices come down and there are enough 4k channels to watch and make it worth buying.

good point but i feel that 3d was a novelty that would be used once and never touched again whereas 4k is almost being forced upon people nowadays with the release of 4k supported gaming consoles, streaming sticks/boxes. But you're totally correct that 4K hasn't taken off in the way that companies originally thought it would and the demand just isn't there

its a bit of a chicken and the egg scenario as pointed out earlier, most 4k content is streamed rather than broadcast. Until we get more channels and not just premium moves and sports it's not gonna move quickly. I think like with HD once BBC and ITV and the rest of the other main broadcasters get on to this then others will follow.

Back