4K IPTV

carday56

Hi Guys, Bit of advice needed, My current setup is as follows

Samsung 4k UltraHD TV
Zgemma H2h box with twin tuner, 1 for Sly, 1 for Virmin

Recent events surrounding Sly;s removal of most channels and even more recently virmins removal of most HD channels has convinced me that the way forward is IPTV
I have Xtream IPTV installed and although there are some issues I am more that happy with the service.
Now as I see it card sharing is a goner so IPTV is the only way so my question is

Which is the best IPTV box that supports 4k Ultra HD

Thamx

bit of misinformation here.
Sky haven't removed 'most channels' there's still 100 channels available on 28.2 and even more on other Satellites

Virgin haven't removed most Hd channels', they've removed eight HD channels, all the others still work fine.

Lastly, I doubt there's any 4K channels on any iptv provider

i would have thought that if IPTV is not streaming 4k, then there is no point in having a 4k receiver m8...??

Roku 4/ultra is a good 4k box , there is a few suppliers that do 4k but it's dependant on your network conditions , it is out there as I watch most 3pm kick offs on 4k Hong Kong sport channels amongst a few others on my roku4 on 75mb fibre optic FTTH of which i get exceptional speeds on account as I'm the only one on it due to having employee BT fibre. and although it's not as sharp as my netflix 4k or my sky Q ultra HD it's still a marginally better then FHD IPTV.

There is still a long way to go for the average iptv supplier but if you get a really good private non Facebook/ebay/reseller and have really good network speeds it's achievable.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You would need to have a very high speed for 4k IPTV. Plus the provider would need to have a large server. I believe that 4K may not be possible on iptv. Live with 1080p it is good enough.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

You would need to have a very high speed for 4k IPTV. Plus the provider would need to have a large server. I believe that 4K may not be possible on iptv. Live with 1080p it is good enough.

Some servers have FHD but from what I have experienced these channels buffer alot if you don't have a good speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've not seen anyone throw out a 4k stream on iptv.

best i've seen is 1920 x 1080 50fps

had a bit of banter with a well known supplier yesterday who were advertising 4k but when pressed for a test they couldn't supply them surprisingly enough.

they also wanted more than my mortgage each month :grin:

I have seen one place do a 4k stream of a Portuguese sport channel that has recently launched. It was definitely 4K , the picture looked good and ran quite well with hardly any buffering

Back