WilloBuild 6.4 image update with willow build on VIX

waspman

Hi guys
Please can someone remind me
I notice there is a new flash 6.4
If I update to 6.4 will I need to reinstall willow build, and set up all my preferences in willow build again, like timers, EPG settings, favourites etc.

I do have a backup, but not sure that's accessible when I flash upgrade

Running Zgemmas H7s

I did flash upgrade last night and didn't see willow build just VIX, so I restored from backup and back to 6.3 until I get some info from you guys thanks

Also on another issue, please see attached photo notice text on screen hiding behind the picture icons? Any idea how to sort that one please?

Attachments

• IMG20230704124001.jpg
    IMG20230704124001.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 21
I though when you flashed VIX via imagemanager it does do a backup and when you flash it will also ask you if you want to restore previous settings

I though when you flashed VIX via imagemanager it does do a backup and when you flash it will also ask you if you want to restore previous settings
Thanks maybe I missed that, perhaps I could try that again

If you look at the photo it shows the pictures on the right side obscuring the setup text on screen

It looks like you have too many 'quick picks' on screen, they are only supposed to be across the top, not down the side as well

Openvix is the latest image he got on box but does Willo support newer ones as upto date.
I have lost track of support not up to date with plugins etc is why i mentioned it.

Downloads say 5.4 for other boxes ??

I don't think Vix goes up to version 6.4, I'm thinking he may be trying to flash openatv.
In which case, 6.4 is outdated

Latest version of Vix is 6.4. It uses same OE-A branch as ATV 7.3/OBH 5.3. Anything that worked on Vix 6.3 should still work on Vix 6.4

Until Willo responds....
flash Vix 6.4 into a new partition/slot using Image manager. Restore the settings. Install the skins from the image's resources, delete any custom skin files from /usr/share/enigma2/
This will not affect the patition/slot with Vix+willobuild customisations. You can go back to it later.

The stock Vix image with that skin looks like attached

Attachments

• 1_0_1_3EF0_3006_233A_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20230704171510.jpg
    1_0_1_3EF0_3006_233A_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20230704171510.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 8
Until Willo responds....
flash Vix 6.4 into a new partition/slot using Image manager. Restore the settings. Install the skins from the image's resources, delete any custom skin files from /usr/share/enigma2/
This will not affect the patition/slot with Vix+willobuild customisations. You can go back to it later.

The stock Vix image with that skin looks like attached
That fixed 6.4 now installed thanks

Back