7 day EPG problem

Jolly Roger

Initially everything worked fine when I first loaded the 7 day EPG, but after it disappeared I am now having a problem getting it back. I have loaded the 7day EPG file, press EPG button, select red EPG button, click on download. It searches channels and then says parsing about 133,000 titles. But then nothing, just says 'searching'. Any suggestions please?

---------- Post Merged at 05:28 PM ----------

Just seen the thread here........
http://www.techkings.org/blade-media-bm5000s/55019-blade-5000s-firmware-files-epg-7-days.html

Maybe this is a bug that still needs sorting?

May be a server problem at their end, give it a day or two
re download and see if it just starts working again.

I updated my EPG yesterday and it was working then.

(That thread is more about the 7 day EPG firmware causing problems
with lines or loosing signal on channels, for some people, rather than the EPG not working)

Last edited:
I am now coming to the conclusion that there is a bug in the firmware that causes problems when trying to edit channels. I have been trying to do this for some time now and on different boxes. When I try to move a channel into another favourites category, it appears in the new category, but is blank. This seems to affect the EPG, which just keeps saying 'searching'. Since the channel is no longer in the original category and cannot be viewed in the new category, I then have to download a channel list and everything is working again (except some channels are not where I want them!). This problem is not isolated to one box.
I understand that new firmware may be on the way, so I will leave everything as it is and hope that this gets fixed eventually.

Back