7000s not working after moving home

Hi everyone,

I've just moved home and can't get the box to work. I set up my dish once the internet was installed and tried to turn the beeps on to position the dish properly but cant get them to come on. Since then I've bought a digital satellite finder to position it instead but still can't get the box to work.
I'm not sure if the internet is connecting on the box or not so don't know if that's the problem? I'm totally inexperienced with this stuff as it was all set up in my previous home by the guy who solf it but now I cant get hold of him and i'm stuck.

PLZ PLZ PLZ anyone???

Dino

---------- Post Merged at 11:39 PM ----------

ok since posting this I've established that the internet is work coz all the ip settings come up and certain online services work like weather and maps but i'm getting nothing else.
if I go to certains channels I get a full green bar at the bottom and some are full red??? but still just getting No Audio/Video

Try going into the menu,move accross to "Instalation". Then go to "Dish settings" and see if the both the Level and Quality indicators are showing a reasonable level 75%-85% on 28.2e. That will help you see if the dish is aligned correctly,or there is a problem with the cabling.

This may help here

Note in the comments, forget "cheap sat finders", forget "signal strength at the box"

Just hook it all up, stick the box on a FTA channel and follow the "wiggling" instructions.

Just remember, it's only a fancy looking TV ariel.

You either get a picture on all the channels or nothing at all.

Last edited:
I've got a low signal on 10.713 ghz but that rises if I change it to 10.728 ghz. I've pressed the yellow button in the dish settings menu but nothing happens unlike when I installed at the last place. I've noticed that when I try to change the settings like the frequency or lnb power I get the tone but its long and continuous not like the intermittent beep it should be but if I unplug the cable from the box the tone stays and doesn't lower. I know its all connected ok coz I was using the sat finder I bought to search for the signal and that only powers up if connected properly

Do it your way then, when you stop getting technical you will get a picture :whistling:

Honestly, I have been there and done that, got the tee shirt, the badge and the scarf and now I am bald !!! lol

Just have a go by eye.

Problem with your method is that i'm on my own with no help and the blade box is so slow at reacting to signal by the time the picture comes on I've moved the satellite again lol

I set mine up on a tripod in a field about three or four times all over Wales every Summer.

It now takes me about 5 mins tops to get a signal once everything is hooked up, I don't use anything but a quick stroll around to see
where the other ones are pointing and the spirit level on the LNB arm to check I am level.

The lag isn't much in fact it hardly noticeable, just move the dish fairly slowly in a sweeping motion in a wider arc than you think you need, then adjust the elevation if you don't pick a signal up. Then repeat.

Stick your TV up loud, you don't need to see the screen, I can't see mine.

The first time I bought the kit I had compasses out, sat meters, one of the kids watching the signal off the box, was a complete waste of time, drove me nuts,
the thing is, you think you are getting a reading, that's what the kit is telling you !! but it's all completely false, unless you have an expensive sat meter, have a go by eye.

I was there for hours. Felt like slinging the lot, now I wouldn't do without it.

Last edited:
I've just a quick go and not getting anything. Now I've noticed that when I change the channels over where some of the channels had almost a full green bar now they're all full red :boo:

---------- Post Merged at 08:47 PM ----------

I've tried the sat finder again and now my channels are green again but still no TV wtf

Are you getting FTA sat channels? Have you told your provider you've moved house? If it's a different ip your box is using your provider might have disabled your line?

Back