90-year-old man recounts a remarkable experience he had in WWII

That is wonderful vid G.Brought back memories of when i was a kid.My father after a few pints would try and sing that song at home.My Mother would say here we go again Lilli Marlene.He died in 1982 aged 64.Have old photo of him in army uniform,must scan it and put it up here G.Thanks G(y)

That is wonderful vid G.Brought back memories of when i was a kid.My father after a few pints would try and sing that song at home.My Mother would say here we go again Lilli Marlene.He died in 1982 aged 64.Have old photo of him in army uniform,must scan it and put it up here G.Thanks G(y)

He was a very young man Ally, way to young to leave this life.

My own Dad died 1n 1978 at the age of 51 & to this day I feel hard done by.

Glad you enjoyed the Vid (y)

-

Yes G.far too young.Sorry about your Dad,my Mother died in 1971. One year after i was Married age 57.She had been sick for a while.Me being the youngest of family of 7 six boys and one girl.They used to say that my Mother waited untill i was married and settled.My five Brothers have since passed also G.so only my Sister left.She spoils me rotten(y)

jeez lads, ye'll have me in floods, especially you ally, seriously, myself and aisling are forever saying how lucky we both are to have both of our parents. we are both 40 within the next 6 months and our parents vary from 67 to 75. We all try to get together maybe 3 or 4 times a year for a meal and drinks(we go out separately also). it is great to hear the stories of when they were growing up in the aftermath of the second world war and onwards. aislings father was a friend of Brendan Behan and Luke Kelly. He was involved in trade unions for many years also, and also met up with a lot of republicans through these circles, and the stories are enthraling.
now back to the video, it is a very touching story, well told.(y)

I would say there is some great stories to be heard from your parents and aisling parents Wheelo. Especially from Brendan and Luke.
Dont mean to be a misery ould git.lollolIm an ould sentimental git.lolSure you all here at TechKings are the only ones who would put up with my winging.lolWhy do you think i wont leavelollol.Teresa says how do you all put up with me.lolAll i say they are all my friendslol Wheelo you are gent(y)

Il Blame G Wheelolollollollol Teresa said if she hears me humming Lili Marlene,im out on the streetlollol
Love the vid G Thanks(y)

Back