A Buyers Guide To The Best Box

Hi guys,

Im a total novice to this. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction as to the best hd box in the £100-£150 price range, with everything installed i.e sly + bt sports in hd, sly movies, ppv, 3pm saturday premier league games and all the other channels.

Where do i get it from so i can just plug and play as like i said im a total novice but looking to learn from you guys!

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks(y)

I would be surprised if you get everything you want for that sort of money (especially as you want a 'good' box) and you want it all setting up - plug and play ! well, not on a 12 month viewing basis ! gifts vary from £35-60 and you would need two! take a look at the earlier part of this thread to gauge prices of receivers and you will see that unless you set it up yourself youre prob talking £170+ for what you want (lets say £40 per gift, £70 for a receiver and then you need to pay someone to do the magic - which isnt that difficult but no one will buy the box, set it up, package and post it without charging you for it)

buy yourself a zgemma - read ALL THE THREADS RE SETTING UP AND OBTAINING GIFTS - its not that difficult if you do a bit of reading and you might get yourself sorted within your budget.

I was rather hoping for a conclusion here, I know there are a few boxes out there as have been named, some with their own sub heading on this forum and it is difficult to compare, I'm sure many people reading this will have already gone down this route, your views and why you decided on the box you did are most welcome.

not a bloody chance:beg:lol.
old boxes like vu solo-single tuner,vu duo-twin sat tuner and technomate nano se-single tuner[ ceased production ]

newer faster genuine models i will only get as its support and backup needed with warranty.

vu zero
vu solo 2
vu duo 2

many xtrend models to choose from with swappable tuners
miracle box.

main thing to consider is do you want to record then you need a twin tuner.
do you have vm if so if live then cable box ?

look at most of the older techs posts to see they go for quality.

Could anybody point me in the right direction.. Im looking at running my cline and kodi together, does anybody know what is a good box for doing this? Thx

not a bloody chance:beg[emoji38].
old boxes like vu solo-single tuner,vu duo-twin sat tuner and technomate nano se-single tuner[ ceased production ]

newer faster genuine models i will only get as its support and backup needed with warranty.

vu zero
vu solo 2
vu duo 2

many xtrend models to choose from with swappable tuners
miracle box.

main thing to consider is do you want to record then you need a twin tuner.
do you have vm if so if live then cable box ?

look at most of the older techs posts to see they go for quality.
What would you go for if you had cable and budget wasn't an issue? I want to be able to record and get HD. Was thinking along the lines of a mut@nt 2400HD. What d'you reckon?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi, do any of you know if all these sat boxes are ok to use in Ireland,

Are there any cable boxes that can be used here .

And what exactly is a "line" / gift.
Thanks.

Yes, all boxes can be used in Ireland on the sat side. There is a multitude of servers available.
the servers on hte cable side are less numerous and more expensive, can't comment on boxes, don't have one. your budget will be the defining factor in which you go for.
some buy two servers - one cable and one sat, and use a combo box.

Oh, and a Gift/line is a subscription you buy per year, month or whatever

I've got the Mut@nt 2400HD twin cable tuner 1 sat tuner, it's a great piece of kit, I can definitely recommend it [emoji106]

and a Gift/line is a subscription you buy per year, month or whatever[/QUOTE]

A subscription to who & what ?

Can we keep this enquiry to one thread?

basically, someone, somewhere pays the full amount to UPC/SKY, they then share the coding elements with you for a fee. Again basically, your box recieves the scrambled signal through the Dish/UPC port, your ethernet connects your box to the server(the guy who pays full price) to get the code necessary to unscramble the channels.
You will find these people in both the general satellite section thread "anyone recommend a server", and the General cable section thread with a similar name, you ask for people to send you information on their pricing, etc. and they will generally give you a free test line.(24/48 hours typically)

This is not scientifically correct, but it describes in broad brush strokes what is happening. I hope you can understand what I am trying to say - I'm trying to keep it as basic as possible. If I missed anything, or you don't understand, just keep asking, we all started out knowing nothing.

Can we keep this enquiry to one thread?

basically, someone, somewhere pays the full amount to UPC/SKY, they then share the coding elements with you for a fee. Again basically, your box recieves the scrambled signal through the Dish/UPC port, your ethernet connects your box to the server(the guy who pays full price) to get the code necessary to unscramble the channels.
You will find these people in both the general satellite section thread "anyone recommend a server", and the General cable section thread with a similar name, you ask for people to send you information on their pricing, etc. and they will generally give you a free test line.(24/48 hours typically)

This is not scientifically correct, but it describes in broad brush strokes what is happening. I hope you can understand what I am trying to say - I'm trying to keep it as basic as possible. If I missed anything, or you don't understand, just keep asking, we all started out knowing nothing.
Spot on post...and probably what a lot of new comers need to read/understand/realise.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hi, sorry new to all this stuff, was wondering whats the difference between a cable and satellite box? can you get more hd channels with one than the other?

One you need a satellite dish attached to your house, the other you need an active Virgin Media connection to your house. On cable you get HD channels, on cable it is substantially more expensive.

Back