A Buyers Guide To The Best Box

One you need a satellite dish attached to your house, the other you need an active Virgin Media connection to your house. On cable you get HD channels, on cable it is substantially more expensive.

Hi

Not had cable since star view days, switched to sly sat with f5. Got recommended a gift after requesting and was brilliant until recent as you know

Just thinking what you and others have said especially HD etc and need to consider cable again methinks. Not aa techie in any way and happy to have basics ie not bothered if its just now and next and don't worry about recording etc. What would yousay was a reasonable cable box? I know sub will be expansive in comparison to now but any idea how much?

Thanks and sorry if too many ?'s

I don't know the model number, but a zgemma has cable on a budget, the amiko's were on the tip of the tongue a while back.
Not terribly au fait with the cable boxes, I'm afraid.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

I don't know the model number, but a zgemma has cable on a budget, the amiko's were on the tip of the tongue a while back.

Thanks

I keep seeing zgemma name everywhere. Will have said to look into it

---------- Post Merged at 08:46 AM ----------

Thanks

I keep seeing zgemma name everywhere. Will have said to look into it

Heads spinning a bit from all the info and options of different boxes. Are there any which are just plug and play? The thought of buying a potential headache is putting me off.

Heads spinning a bit from all the info and options of different boxes. Are there any which are just plug and play? The thought of buying a potential headache is putting me off.
You can get satboxes that are already set up ready to just plug in and play. That's the first kind of box I had...normally ebay isn't recommended and rightly so but I was lucky enough to get one with a good server that last the 12 months. Reports of glitchy servers from eBay seller though or servers just dying well short of the period paid for. You could try your luck or source from somewhere else

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks gallagj8 been avoiding eBay because of what's been said in these forums. I think I know which box I would like but then people talk of skins, firmware, bouquets, channel list updates.

You are probably best just going for a box which suits your budget, buy one, read the guide for that box
and you shouldn't get too bogged down.

It is always much easier to understand the various guides when you have
a box connected up on front of you.

There is also plenty of help about if you get stuck !!!

Go on take the plunge !! We all started off in your position (y)

You are probably best just going for a box which suits your budget, buy one, read the guide for that box
and you shouldn't get too bogged down.

It is always much easier to understand the various guides when you have
a box connected up on front of you.

There is also plenty of help about if you get stuck !!!

Go on take the plunge !! We all started off in your position (y)
Solid advice.

Ok so I'm thinking miracle box premium micro is that ok for a starter sort of position? I know it's only one tuner. Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 02:50 PM ----------

Too late plunge taken

Miracle boxes are a good choice, I've got a mini combo
very happy with it.

Welcome to the club !!! (y)

I need help!!

I can tinker with thinks once they are up and running, but getting there is the hard part.

I have a Sky dish, and 74mb Broadband.

I need something like Sky, so that the wife can record etc, and watch at her peril. I just need Sports.

Can anyone recommend a box and this gift thing?

Looking for a simple box for my folks

have a 5s which locks up and comes up scrambled every now and then. Time to bin this one.
Requirements
single tuner
easy to use
recording not required
one that updates itself overnight

As I live so far away I only vist once a fortnight so if it goes down they have to wait until I come round.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Posting here in the aid of keeping the forum clean avoiding tons of 'Which is Best' threads.

First timer sat user here. Well, will be once I move

Used to Tivo and although I know I can't repeat that experience I would like to get close as. So looking for a half decent twin tuner box with HDD capability (preferably internal). Like the look of VU+ Duo.

Is this the way to go?
Is there another box that is better suited or just as good for a little less ££'s?

Any tips on which Flash to go with?

Sorry for the intensive post and thanks

Good box One of the favorite images is Vix very easy to get on with with good support If you need to get 1 get it from world of Sat they will flash it for you

Good box One of the favorite images is Vix very easy to get on with with good support If you need to get 1 get it from world of Sat they will flash it for you

That is where I was looking after seeing them recommended so many times on here. Must be good ;)

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 09:31 PM ----------

So deffinately thinking VU+. Would I be better with VU + Duo or VU+ Solo2. Both have twin tuner, I don't believe a need 2 x Card Interfaces. The Solo2 supposedly supports 2 x HDD. One for record and 1 for Timeshift. Are these both supported internally?

Thanks

bloody hell no not the vu duo its old and slow ,solo2 is twin sat tuner box very fast,duo 2 can have swappable tuners if wanting cable and sat tuners.
yes wos.
all boxes have card interfaces and i never bothered with timeshift on the solo2.

Solo2 it is then (y)

---------- Post Merged at 09:54 PM ----------

What is the USB storage option used for? Needed?

Also, until I get around to hardwiring, Powerline or Wifi dongle?

Really appreciate the answers, thanks

Always been curious about the wifi...do it work decent enough or is ethernet the way to go?

Back