A Buyers Guide To The Best Box

remember openvix call zgemma a clone and runs on old images,edison boxes are original and supported by openvix meaning latest images.

If you go for zgemma I would advise going for the H2s version as it's faster than the 2s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tich , wooshman posted the other day that H2H is faster than H2S ??

---------- Post Merged at 12:31 AM ----------

but don't you just f;ash an image on it as standard when you first set it up like sucmnsees or kaddic or wooshman ? so does it matter what images come with the box or are you reffering to someone who is just going to add a line and use as received ? i still want a reason why i maybe should choose edision over zgemma ?

Thanks everyone for the advice, it's much appreciated.

I'll take the plunge and go for the zgemma. What have I got to loose - apart from about 90 quid!!

Is there any dissadvantage in not having the latest image from a day to day use of the box?

but don't you just f;ash an image on it as standard when you first set it up like sucmnsees or kaddic or wooshman ? so does it matter what images come with the box or are you reffering to someone who is just going to add a line and use as received ? i still want a reason why i maybe should choose edision over zgemma ?

There is no difference between the 2 boxes apart from 1 does cable/ sat and other is Twin sat they have the same insides the reason I mention the 2 s is it is slower You do not have to update the images every time a update comes out I have a box with the same image from over 2 years and is still working fine

There is no difference between the 2 boxes apart from 1 does cable/ sat and other is Twin sat they have the same insides the reason I mention the 2 s is it is slower You do not have to update the images every time a update comes out I have a box with the same image from over 2 years and is still working fine

i need twin sat , no cable here, you do not have to update images on Zgemma ? is that what your saying ? is that the same on edision ?

You can update if you want It is up to yourself Most updates are minor tweaks or adding bits This is where a lot of people go wrong. If the box works and works no problem leave it alone If you want twin sat then you need the H2 s

i didnt realise all these boxes came with preflashed images free i thought you either paid for that or you flashed them yourselves. i was intending to buy a twin sat and then install wooshmans ATV buil , i have a cloud ibox -2 plus single tuner with kiddacs set up on it , really fast smooth EPG but wife moans ( dont they all ) cos there are no channel numbers , i have picons and service names , but cannot seem to find a way of adding numbers whereas wooshmans epg apparantly has numbers so that is what i was intending to do.

Pretty sure you can do that with kidacs I use Sumnsee image if you can remember your sky numbers you just press that number and it normally go to same channel as sky anyway The boxes will turn up with ATV image on it from factory Best just flash your image of your choice nearly same way as your other box but this one only takes about 2 mins to flash

Bit of advice needed

I'm in the same boat as few of the posts I have read on here. I have basically cancelled my Sly package, i currently have a V8S box in my spare room which I use for watching the footy. Now this won't do for the Wife in the living room. I'm in need of a box that can record one programme whilst watching another (so twin tuner i assume) I cannot get cable in my area, only sat. The box will need to have a built in hard-drive and if it could come with a skin thats pretty much identical to Sly it would save me alot of earache. Ideally a box that updates itself also. Can anybody recommend 1 or 2 boxes i need to be looking at. Any help ad pointers is greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone, lurked on the forums a lot lately, time to finally post. So, I'm looking for either getting satellite channels or cable channels. I don't currently have a sat-dish, but I do have a VM TV subscription. What box would be best for me? If VM, where can I get a server for a cable based box too? The VM cable option seems nicer then the sat-dish option, but how detectable is it?

Hi everyone, lurked on the forums a lot lately, time to finally post. So, I'm looking for either getting satellite channels or cable channels. I don't currently have a sat-dish, but I do have a VM TV subscription. What box would be best for me? If VM, where can I get a server for a cable based box too? The VM cable option seems nicer then the sat-dish option, but how detectable is it?

Zgemma do a low cost cable box, the H1 I think and with that you can get the HD channels too, VM line providers tend to charge a little more than sly lines (only a few quid so don't panic) so i fyou live in a cable area and have cable services I would suggest you go this way as getting a dish fitted would make the cost more than just going down the cable route.

Zgemma do a low cost cable box, the H1 I think and with that you can get the HD channels too, VM line providers tend to charge a little more than sly lines (only a few quid so don't panic) so i fyou live in a cable area and have cable services I would suggest you go this way as getting a dish fitted would make the cost more than just going down the cable route.

Could I possibly buy the VU+ Solo SE V2 from WOS? Also, would I be able to split the VM cable some how and use my TiVo + STB with a line?

What box would be best for a CCcam? My openbox v8s died and i am now looking for something more up market for around £100...

Been looking at these 3, an Amiko A3, blade 5000 or the vu+ zero thats mentioned in the original post :) if you guys recommend another please let me know :)

Cheers!
JT

hi all i have a skybox f5.... looking to get one for a mate but i dont see them for sale on Amazon anymore.... have they been discontinued?.... whats a good alternative?

hi all i have a skybox f5.... looking to get one for a mate but i dont see them for sale on Amazon anymore.... have they been discontinued?.... whats a good alternative?
If you just want cheap and cheerful like the f5 then go for the openbox v8s.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

think the new model is v8s or something. pretty much the same thing with a few improvements.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back