A Few H2H Questions

slyuser

Hi, So my H2H is finally out for delivery, i should be getting it delivered tomorrow.

My plan is to have the DSayer build running.

I have a H2H already set up and running it has a dual VM and Sly line but the skin is VM and has 3 separate bouquets. VM Sly uk and Sly Ireland. I am not keen on messing about with that box as it works and the family have gotten used to it.

My plan is to have a second box set up in the study where i currently have an openbox running an gittery ebay gift.

1, is it better to use a dual line or to have 2 seperate N Lines.
2, the VM line coming into the house is split at the junction box outside the house. i have one cable going to the VM broadband. When i unplug the vm broadband and enter the splitter the signal strength drops and the picture quality is awful. I therefore connected the TV cable at the splitter outside the house and wired it to the lounge. Everything is working fine now. question is is there a way i can split the signal going to my router without affecting the strength of the signal. Or is this the nature of the beast (when split signals)???
3, If this all goes to pot can i install the wooshbuild on the H2h and just run the sly connection?

Sorry if these are question already answered, but i was unable to find anything from the search field.

Regards
SU

1 - try to get two separate lines
2 - whenever you split the feed, you'll get a loss in signal. The splitter in your junction box - do you need it (i.e. is it feeding two separate outputs in use)? If not, you could remove that splitter to increase your signal level.
3 - Yup whooshbuild will work on the H2H, although it will need a bit of changing the tuner settings.

I have the guide for the h2s can you point me in the direction of a guide for the whooshbuild tweaking required

Back