A really stupid question

gez18

Hi guys I have a mutant hd51 with dual tuners and two cables from my dish , after setting up my sata drive do I put the cables in both of the rf ins to be able to record pause and rewind etc.... also hoe many shows can u record at once

Many thanks

Sat cables should be connected to LNB in or LNB A, LNB B
If your cables are set up correctly the recording etc will work as long as both tuners are set up to the satellites you want to use.
Normally you record one channel and watch another.its possible to record more than 2 channels and watch a third channel but you would have to be on the same transponder.
For example, it's possible to record two movie channels and watch a third some of them are on the same transponders.
Only way to find out is try out for your self on different channels, you will k ow when you run out of things to watch because the channel list will go grey.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot... so it's kinda trial and error... both my co ax cables are in my lab ins so I'm half way there lol... so really the lab outs are not needed unless u loop another receiver ??,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's right the LNB's out are not really used in what we in do.
Your receiver would have to be off for the LNB out to be used to another receiver.

God this is different to my kodi days that the only technical bit was reflashing the firmware... can you set tuner b to a different transponder

Thanks for the help

There's no setting of transponders as such.
You can set tuner B to a completely different satellite if you had another LNB.
It will make sense once your up and running, just try recording a couple of channels at once, you will see what's left to view.

Cheers mate all set... I think lol I had to set tuner b to Astra 28.2 as per tuner a but some sly stuff can record up to 4 programs at once but I'd hardly do that anyway.... cheers for the help.... is abm easier than crossepg to set up

Abm is your channels setup
Cross is the epg
Try EPG importer(may need to download it) i find that works better than cross EPG

Abm is your channels setup
Cross is the epg
Try EPG importer(may need to download it) i find that works better than cross EPG

I was just reading your post from yesterday about setting up boxes... when I'm back in I'll give the epg section a whirl

Back