A780 box to box

spooky123

I have just done a box to box flash on my old A780 which i have not used since 2012 which had all the old software on,It flashed ok but still no sky sports and such and will not software update.Do i need to do a factory reset and retune net ID?

Any info would be great.

cheers!!

any time box is flashed you have to factory reset/rescan from main feed.check date on box is 20012015

When you say no sly sports.. Is the channel listed or is it scram or no video..? On your box go...Menu.. System info.. And make sure date is 20/01/2015 as cacti posted above.. If still on 2012 then box to box did not work/null cable suspect or you will need to flash with bin file and stb loader in the download section with null modem cable..! Ted

Thanks for the response chaps!

Looks like the flash has worked as it has got 20/01/2015 and done a factory reset and showing all the channels listed but still scram or no video,had a go at a software up date and just stuck on Searching new update...

why update as your box is on current firmware,check out your lan connection setup and reboot box and router.

Rebooted and router still the same, thought when doing a software update it says already updated this just says searching new update...
My system information on the box is
Date 20/01/2015
Software version Kryptview A780 pv4.2.08
H/W version v3.0.0

Is this all ok?

Lan is fine as the new box works ok, this is very puzzling!! Not sure what to try next maybe start from scratch with the laptop and null modem?

Thanks for the help by the way.

Started from scratch with the laptop and null modem and still no joy,anyone in northeast fancy having a look at the box or is there a place i can send the box to for a fix.PM's welcome thanks.

spooky im in south shields, what are you getting on the box ive just checked my local area for faults and all clear but if other box is running ok have you checked all channels or ftv channels ok? and the lan socket on the box rear is there 2 lights should be orange and green both should be on orange i think tells you the internet signal is being revieved and the green is the lans active

---------- Post Merged at 09:04 PM ----------

spooky im in south shields, what are you getting on the box ive just checked my local area for faults and all clear but if other box is running ok have you checked all channels or ftv channels ok? and the lan socket on the box rear is there 2 lights should be orange and green both should be on orange i think tells you the internet signal is being revieved and the green is the lans active

Thanks for the response!

Spice all is working with the flashing lights and normal TV channels think maybe something on the board's might have overheated but that's just guessing as I know nothing about the internal stuff.
If I'm in your neck of the woods sometime and you fancy a look at it I will chuck you a few bob.

Back