ABM bug

dangerous

TK Veteran
Anyone else having issues with ABM scanning for channels today and not working ?
Keep getting an error message about tuner set up when I know it's setup correctly.
Same problem on both openvix and atv so I'm thinking it's a bug in ABM

Was this not a problem a while ago?

I remember with the h7 it would not scan because tuner b was not setup. But they did a update during the day and it worked grand

Will look at home but she scan fine this morning ( no it did lol ) for me but did a update so will need to rescan

Not got to the bottom of it yet as I was at a friend's house when I come across this issue.

Odd the way it worked when doing a manual scan but ABM was a clear problem.

Maybe a small issue with signal, not sure just thought I'd ask to see if the masses have had any issues setting up from new yesterday

just checked a couple of ATV builds (zgemma's & Edision's) ABM updated fine on all of them, firmware is only a few days old & all software is current & up to date. Not noticed any problems in the last few days/week

Had 137 software updates this morning to do and did my usual ABM scan afterwords with no issues using ATV 1.6 on my Edision.

just checked a couple of ATV builds (zgemma's & Edision's) ABM updated fine on all of them, firmware is only a few days old & all software is current & up to date. Not noticed any problems in the last few days/week
Hmmmm, odd why I had problems with openvix and openatv.
Can only think it's a slight signal issue.

Had 137 software updates this morning to do and did my usual ABM scan afterwords with no issues using ATV 1.6 on my Edision.

Yeah I saw a lot of updates a few days back (think I had 176), this is what prompted my updating the firmware (27 updates today)

was it just the one location? (signal issue like you have already said)
Yes, went to a friends to help him out with the audio issues.

Reflashed with a new image and tried to scan with ABM - but no joy
Checked cables etc (was working fine before)

Then reflashed with open ATV and the same error message about ABM not being able to scan,

Tried a manual scan and all channels worked fine

Tired ABM scan again and no joy - very odd

Left it with manual channels scanned in until I can figure out what's causing ABM not to scan.

IF your using the same buid/software it make sense that its location related, the box find channels on a manual scan so the tuner has a signal...hmm? (auto scannings/time set ok?)

as the receiver has the audio issue then it will have been an older build that you reflashed...was it a fresh build or online firmware update?
I'd try updating everything to current software, try removing ABM then re-installing & IF still the same I'd probably rebuild the image at a known working location, this wont help in finding any answers but it should cure it.

IF your using the same buid/software it make sense that its location related, the box find channels on a manual scan so the tuner has a signal...hmm? (auto scannings/time set ok?)

as the receiver has the audio issue then it will have been an older build that you reflashed...was it a fresh build or online firmware update?
I'd try updating everything to current software, try removing ABM then re-installing & IF still the same I'd probably rebuild the image at a known working location, this wont help in finding any answers but it should cure it.
Reflashed with the latest openvix image for the xtrend 8000

Then tried the latest openatv image

Both set up from scratch as I would normally do, I never restore or bring anything remotely old back into a new image.

Im at a loss then...if there was an issue with ABM I would have thought we would be seeing more ABM posts, anyone else have an xtrend that can confirm or deny a box problem?

Dangerous it seems the magic hands have stopped working on receivers since your move into Crypto currencies :grin::grin::grin:

Dangerous it seems the magic hands have stopped working on receivers since your move into Crypto currencies :grin::grin::grin:
I'll never be beat lol ;-)

Not sure what was going on last night but it certainly seemed to point to an issue with ABM, not sure why it wouldn't scan but thought someone might of reflashed yesterday and encountered the same issue.
As no one has come forward it looks like an isolated problem which I need to get to the bottom of ;-)

Back