I have the h5.2tc running the latest openatv 6
tuner a set to not configured
And b set to DVB-C
netid 00023 my area
Provider Virgin Media (Pure)
automatic scan pulls on 580 channels.
In ABM I have set to
Virgin (uk) yes
Area :00023 (same as turner config netid)
Generate main bouquet :yes
Swap:yes

Start scan ...reading virgin (uk)
Then cannot read data error

Anybody else run into this problem.

All channels clearing but have no bouquets.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not sure with atv but you maybe have to change the scanning order of the tuners as it could be trying to read the disabled sat tuner first which is why it fails. Also should it not be A disabled, B&C configured for cable?

Last edited:
Haven't got option for disabled ..only not configured.
B&C both configured for Cable .double checked the netid on a tivo box nd it matches..gony try ipab later

go into usage&GUI menu, customise, scroll down to alternative services tuner priority and change to dvb-c first, green to save and try again, hopefully that will work. I had same thing with a H1. It was trying to scan a sat tuner first that wasn't configured.

Last edited:
tried that wilsock but no good same error ive uploaded some screenshots of my setup

customize.PNG

tuner .PNG

Cable.PNG

ABM.PNG

providers.PNG

reading.PNG

error.PNG
plus i went through the log file found this:
14:02:05.4101 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-main][checkTunerLock] ACQUIRING TSID/ONID
14:02:05.5249 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-Manager][read] Reading cable_uk_virgin (hd_00023_dvbc_uk)...
14:02:05.5258 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-Tools][customtransponder] Transponder provider name cable_uk_virgin
14:02:05.7237 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] Adapter 0
14:02:05.7244 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] Demuxer 1
14:02:05.7250 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] Frontend 2
14:02:05.7255 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] DVBType dvbc
14:02:05.7261 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] NIT pid: 0x10
14:02:05.7267 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] NIT current table id: 0x40
14:02:05.7273 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] NIT other table id: 0x41
14:02:05.7279 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] Ignore visible service flag: 0
14:02:05.7292 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] SDT pid: 0x11
14:02:05.7307 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] SDT current table id: 0x42
14:02:05.7315 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] SDT other table id: 0x46
14:02:05.7323 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] Reading transponders...
14:02:09.4446 [ ] gdi/grc.cpp:193 thread main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
14:02:25.8236 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] Timed out reading NIT
14:02:25.8242 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] No nit_other found - set nit_other_table_id="0x00" for faster scanning?
14:02:25.8255 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] Added/Updated 0 transponders with network_id = 0x-1
14:02:25.8264 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] Reading services (LCN)...
14:02:45.9231 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] Timed out reading SDT
14:02:45.9249 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] No LCNs found. Falling back to service ID.
14:02:45.9257 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/dvbscanner.py:637 updateAndReadServicesLCN [ABM-DvbScanner] TSID list from SDT []
14:02:45.9262 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/dvbscanner.py:638 updateAndReadServicesLCN [ABM-DvbScanner] SID list from SDT []
14:02:45.9268 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] Read 0 services
14:02:45.9275 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-DvbScanner] 0 valid services
14:02:45.9285 { } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-Manager][read] cable_uk_virgin, Done
14:02:45.9300 { E } Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/log.py:23 write [ABM-main][doScan] Cannot read data

Found the problem..Tuner C not working right..I set it to not configured and ABM ran ..brilliant.!!..
Though when I disabled Tuner B and re enabled C ..got error again..tried watching channels already scanned all blank..so think the box has a dodgy C
tuner..thanks for your help.

In tuner config, I always set Used service scan type to Provider and Provider to scan CableBruteforce step 8MHz-SR-6875-6900-QAM-64-256 and never had an issue.

Thanks but Just tried them settings and getting the error again ..think tuner is faulty though could be wrong.

Well at least you've got somewhere, send it back and get a vu+ solo se, worth the extra cash. :(y):

Found the problem..Tuner C not working right..I set it to not configured and ABM ran ..brilliant.!!..
Though when I disabled Tuner B and re enabled C ..got error again..tried watching channels already scanned all blank..so think the box has a dodgy C
tuner..thanks for your help.

Thanks for info - this has helped me. I was having the same issues scanning cable also. I disabled Tuner C and also changed a few other things in set up and finally got a Signal in signal finder - resulting in a successful scan :)

In tuner config, I always set Used service scan type to Provider and Provider to scan CableBruteforce step 8MHz-SR-6875-6900-QAM-64-256 and never had an issue.

Ste - thanks again for all your patience and suggestions with helping me to fix the problem.
I don't know why this set up kept failing to work for me - I had to change Provider to Scan to 'Virgin Media UK (Brute force)' option and after I selected this option - I was then able to select 'Predefined transponder' option in 'Signal Finder' and then was able to detect a decent Tuner B cable signal at 90%. I have no idea why this all worked for me though! ;) Happy to report that cable is working now :)

Last edited:
Set - thanks again for all your patience and suggestions with helping me to fix the problem.
I don't know why this set up kept failing to work for me - I had to change Provider to Scan to 'Virgin Media UK (Brute force)' option and after I selected this option - I was then able to select 'Predefined transponder' option in 'Signal Finder' and then was able to detect a decent Tuner B cable signal at 90%. I have no idea why this all worked for me though! ;) Happy to report that cable is working now :)

Also, I turned off Tuner C as suggested by emzemz before the ABM Scan. Once the channels were loaded and working, I went back into Setup/tuner config and enabled Tuner C and made sure settings were the same as Tuner B and all is still ok so far :)

Also, I turned off Tuner C as suggested by emzemz before the ABM Scan. Once the channels were loaded and working, I went back into Setup/tuner config and enabled Tuner C and made sure settings were the same as Tuner B and all is still ok so far :)
You still need to confirm you're getting something on tuner C, turn tv to bbc 1 and press record. While recording change to ITV - do you get a picture? if not then you won't be able to record one and watch another channel as tuner C could still be faulty

Back