Absolutely Clueless

Hi,

Got a zgemma-star 2s during the week there and finally got around to wiring it up today bringing cables in a different way and all that.

Initial problems of "CrossEPG error: Timeout for tuner lock" fixed by tightening the cables connectors to the box.

Up and running then but without any of the HD channels or the box office stuff (which I'd been told I should be able to get)

Then I happened to take the ethernet cable out to see if it would work without it (it didnt) and since that can only pick up the freesat channels...

What all am I doing wrong?

How do I set it up for wifi?

Can I add the MovieHD app to it? Its a bit like Showbox

Thanks, any help greatly appreciated

How do we know what you are doing wrong if you dont tell us what you have actually done?!
What image did you flash with?
What kind of line did you get and enter?
What settings did you make?
The list of possibilities is almost endless.
Need more info if you want people to help.

Hi,

Got a zgemma-star 2s during the week there and finally got around to wiring it up today bringing cables in a different way and all that.

Initial problems of "CrossEPG error: Timeout for tuner lock" fixed by tightening the cables connectors to the box.

Up and running then but without any of the HD channels or the box office stuff (which I'd been told I should be able to get)

Then I happened to take the ethernet cable out to see if it would work without it (it didnt) and since that can only pick up the freesat channels...

You won't get hd anymore apart from freeview ones and a couple of third party ones ie BT and Satan ta hd

I doubt you'll get box office as this would cost to much for the server who are sharing real sky subscriptions some offer ppv events ie boxing and wrestling but that's down to server if they buy them.

When putting the cable back in are you restarting box and restarting cam without knowing what firmware your using this could be hard to tell you how to do most images it's menu, setup softcam\Ci then either cccam or mgcamd one should be ticket yellow to auto start.

Wifi isn't a good idea with these boxes but some doe use Wifi adapters I use home plugs 1 into the router other in box.

Cross EPG error : Do you have Usb / HDD plugged in ??

If so is it initialised, swap file done, timeshift sorted, autobouquets done, cross epg downloaded and all scanned ??

Hi,

You won't get hd anymore apart from freeview ones and a couple of third party ones ie BT and Satan ta hd

I doubt you'll get box office as this would cost to much for the server who are sharing real sky subscriptions some offer ppv events ie boxing and wrestling but that's down to server if they buy them.

When putting the cable back in are you restarting box and restarting cam without knowing what firmware your using this could be hard to tell you how to do most images it's menu, setup softcam\Ci then either cccam or mgcamd one should be ticket yellow to auto start.

Wifi isn't a good idea with these boxes but some doe use Wifi adapters I use home plugs 1 into the router other in box.

Sounds like I've got "everything" then. Guy I bought it from said it would be every channel, all PPVs and all 3PM kickoffs in EPL... sounded too good to be true.

All the terms floating about the forum... haven't a clue about any of them.

Is it possible to put the likes of showbox onto it?

Thanks again

Sorted the Cross EPG error looking at google. Was a cable issue. As per above all the channels are there that people say should be there. Was promised SkyHD but its not available its not available.

Back