Active line

not sure what's wrong with it then, if the cable tuner doesn't work at you friends house and you know his connection is live, the tuner may be faulty

I’m going to try it with his cable connected to my box at his house to exclude the cable from my issues .
If it doesn’t work then , i will send the tuner back .
Never had issues with any of my sat tuners in this box.

Heres my setup, took me an hour or so and that includes going to screwfix for the splitter and toolstation for the IEC connector. I used a piece of w100 sat cable (the black one from the splitter) to the IEC connector on the box. The technetix thing is the cable from the wall box and is what came with the broadband line and was screwed into the router
VM Splitter.jpg

I have a F connector on one end and a RF male plug on the other ( that connects to my tuner )
This what is baffling me.
The cable should have threaded connections on each end already.
One screws into the VM outlet, the other should have F connector and pushes into box.
Can you take some pics of vm outlet and also cable you are using

The cable I am using is one I made up .
Think you are confusing it with a genuine virmin install cable ( which my friend had at his house .
Does that help ?

Tried virmin genuine cable today at mates house . No joy
Tried it with normal ariel as well and changed it to dvb-t and tried to get channels and nothing .. had a signal but said “cannot read data” when I searched .
Could it be that my abm needs updating ?

if you can update it, it might scan but I doubt it, it's as if the box isn't recognising the tuner, not sure any version of ABM will help

maybe if you reflash the box with openatv 6.2, then add wooshbuild, the tuners might be recognised

The shop have tested my tuner and it’s working fine .
Could my problem have been the same as the other thread covering virgin changing their settings ???

Done that , my tuner is back 2mw and Abu has sorted the abm “settings” for my netid by the looks of the other thread . So will be ready to get sorted over the weekend hopefully .
Funny how when you’ve had a year off it starts to come back..

Put woshbuild on box. And got it picking up s signal now .
Got some fta channels .

My cable tuner is the twin dvb-c /T2
I have another question , I have one cable going to the “in” position ,
Nothing on the bottom “rf out” position

Tuner b on this says no Connection , should I have my settings on loop through or ???? Some other setting :
I thought it would split the channel internally and I could play one Channel and record on the other ??
Thanks

Back