Add an extra tuner to your box for less than £6

Please let me know if this was of use to you....

• Yes, this was helpful

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Nah, I've just wasted 5 minutes of my life

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi guys.just a bit of advice I've done everything in the first post.....matched all settings worn what was up etc. But when I channel scan I can't pick up amy channels.any advice would be great thanks.

Hi guys.just a bit of advice I've done everything in the first post.....matched all settings worn what was up etc. But when I channel scan I can't pick up amy channels.any advice would be great thanks.

This will only work with an OpenATV image built since March 22nd I think it was, anything prior you'll have no joy and would get no channels found. Are you sure your tuner is an rtl2832 chipset too?

Last edited:
This will only work with an OpenATV image built since March 22nd I think it was, anything prior you'll have no joy and would get no channels found. Are you sure your tuner is an rtl2832 chipset too?
Ahh that could be it i'm running wooshbuild v5.it's def a rtl2832 chipset....but the aerial does look pathetic.

Is there any way of adding just the driver to WooshBuild 5.0?
Have got mine to work with openatv 6.0..

Thanks

Is there any way of adding just the driver to WooshBuild 5.0?
Have got mine to work with openatv 6.0..

I don't think the kernel updates that were needed have made it into WooshBuild 5...although I'm sure someone will let me know if they have! (I think they're held back as applying them sets the box in bootloop)

Can anyone give a link to the usb tuner related to this thread.......
Also can anyone confirm it clears vm HD channels for uk

Can anyone give a link to the usb tuner related to this thread.......
Also can anyone confirm it clears vm HD channels for uk

The rtl2832 chipset is used in a dvb-t tuner (ie terrestrial only). You need a dvb-c tuner for Virmin which are more costly...No cable around here so sorry can't help with recommendations.

Back