Satellite Add movie files from pc to box

Thekln

Evening all,
I've just set up my new H7s (from h2s) and all is going well.
An issue I'd love some help with tho if possible ?
Is there a way I can ftp or add movies I have on my pc to the new box's internal hard drive? (mp4/avi etc)
When I tried to ftp, the movie name arrived but that was all. Got the responses : 150 OK to send data. 451 failure writing to local file.

I had a quick Google but no joy.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

you should be able to upload to /media/hdd/movies via ftp without a problem. Where are you uploading the files to?

451 Failure writing to local file

This error is returned from an FTP server when it cannot store a file that is being sent to it.
There are three possible reasons why the FTP server may return this error:
  • The drive (on the FTP server that the file is being stored on) is full (or there is not enough free space available for the file being sent)
  • The user has a limit on the amount of disk space (on the FTP server) they can use (a quota) and they've reached that limit (or will exceed it with the file being sent)
  • The permissions on the folder (on the FTP server) do not allow this user to store files in it

Go to file browser then user applications then click show all apps then find movie box click on it then click open sandbox then library then artworks and there you have found your movie.

Cheers for all the replies folks, and apologies for the radio silence... Work is mental.
Got in last night to sort it, set up the laptop and grabbed some dinner., went back to the laptop and fecking windows "getting your computer ready" message for yet another update. Aborted my plan and went to bed.
I'll get on tonight and post a proper reply.
Thanks again

Thanks for all the replies, seems the issue was me and my new hard drive. I started again and the transfer worked well, so all good!!
Apologies for the rookie errors.

Back