Add new box to setup, using existing dishes

tristansatki

TK Supporter
Hi

Any help please, ATM I'm using an enigma box with 80 cm dish, with two Twin LNBs pointing at 19°E and Hot Bird, plus Sky 28° (Quad LNB) going via diseqc switch to box inside our flat on one floor.
I have one cable from the Sky LNB going to another flat in the same building. We want to add another box to that flat, so like us they can watch Sky 28 plus 19° and Hot Bird. Is it possible to do this (please see drawing)? I have another Diseqc. Than

Attachments

• new sat today - Copy.pdf
    56.5 KB · Views: 14
Hi

Any help please, ATM I'm using an enigma box with 80 cm dish, with two Twin LNBs pointing at 19°E and Hot Bird, plus Sky 28° (Quad LNB) going via diseqc switch to box inside our flat on one floor.
I have one cable from the Sky LNB going to another flat in the same building. We want to add another box to that flat, so like us they can watch Sky 28 plus 19° and Hot Bird. Is it possible to do this (please see drawing)? I have another Diseqc. Than
Which Gigablue do you have? Just to confirm, will other flat have two boxes?

And why do you have two 13e inputs to the same diseqc switch?

Which Gigablue do you have? Just to confirm, will other flat have two boxes?

And why do you have two 13e inputs to the same diseqc switch?
Thanks for reply
ATM it's a "Gigablue UHD UE 4K" in Flat C
I think I have drew it wrong, The other flat will have one box. The other flat will have: one cable each from Hot Bird, one cable from Astra 19° and one cable from Sky 28° to another (new) diseqc then to the new box. (Enigma2)

Sorry, I am not fully understanding what you are saying. How many flats in total? And crucially how many tuners in total. Might be an idea to redo the diagram showing the whole setup.

Suffice to say, you can use several diseqc switches and output to several receivers and tuners. Provided you have enough outputs on the LNBs.

Multiple receivers and multiple switches.jpg

Also, it might be an idea to use an LNB that has a Unicable output as well as multiple universal outputs for 28.2E. You will be able to use more tuners on your Gigablue. But they are not cheap.

@Willo3092 has a diagram of his setup. I'll try and find it unless he beats me to it.

Sorry, I am not fully understanding what you are saying. How many flats in total? And crucially how many tuners in total. Might be an idea to redo the diagram showing the whole setup.

Suffice to say, you can use several diseqc switches and output to several receivers and tuners. Provided you have enough outputs on the LNBs.

View attachment 89886
Thanks,

Two flats, your picture looks like what I want (except the Sky LNB is a "Sky LNB" Quad, two cables going to another flat, which we have nothing to do with.

View attachment 89886
Thanks,

Two flats, your picture looks like what I want (except the Sky LNB is a "Sky LNB" Quad, two cables going to another flat, which we have nothing to do with.

Can you run a cable from either 13e or 19e directly to your Gigablue UE 4K, bypassing the diseqc switch? If you have a shotgun cable, those are two cables stuck together. One would currently be unused. Avoiding the diseqc switch will be better for you.

Attachments

• Three receivers and multiple switches mix - Copy.jpg
    Three receivers and multiple switches mix - Copy.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 10
Great, Thanks for your guidance, I'll have a play in the next few days, with a signal finder.
Thanks,

Can you run a cable from either 13e or 19e directly to your Gigablue UE 4K, bypassing the diseqc switch? If you have a shotgun cable, those are two cables stuck together. One would currently be unused. Avoiding the diseqc switch will be better for you.
Thanks, What we have ATM, This is a four storey building with the dish at the back of the property with a 20-30 meter two separate cable run into our flat. We are in one flat "C". Our dish is a 20+year 80cm with 19° Twin LNB and Hot Bird Twin going to the diseqc. plus we share a "Sky Dish" Quad LNB with one cable going to the diseqc, Two of the sky dish cables go to one flat (downstairs, these are redundant) The 3rd cable goes upstairs to our rented out to tenants, flat "D". (this cable is disconnected ATM) We had in the past an 8 way Sky LNB until the LNB stopped working and was replaced by the Quad LNB. I am thinking if I play around it may be possible to get the Flat "D" sat signals working again. I'm not in the position to get a new cable run done myself. Mostly because I have spare LNBs and a spare diseqc and I don't want to hire anyone to do this

Quick update, First I want to thank you for your advice. I climbed on the roof and connected all. Got signal to everything. Tested both boxes and ran both at same time with no freezing or glitches.

Plus, I forgot to mention, the 20 year+ old, 20-30 meter cable is a cable a bit like RG6, but it has a waxy feel to it, and the only f connectors it likes are the screw on silver ones. I've tried the proper "Cabelcon compression ones) but they will not fit.

Most compression connections fit WF100 or CT 100 The waterproof F connectors that screw on are just as good 👍
Hi, Thanks. I've tried the compression fittings on the cable inside the building, The cable will not strip properly with a "Knipex 16 60 06 SB Series Stripping tool for coaxial and data cables, 125 mm" and the dielectric is a very small white plastic with a "honeycomb" look to it.
The LNB end was fitted with crimped fittings, by the installers more than 20+ years ago (I'm afraid to re-terminate them) I guess the inside end was originally fitted with crimped one also. We had new windows fitted a few years ago. I seem to recall we had to refit the f connectors inside the building.
I made up some fly leads with WF100 cable and Cablecon F-56-CX3 5.1 Compression Connectors, and had no problems, but couldn't get the inside cable end to work for me, had to use a knife and leave a long pig tail. It would be a big job to install a new cable run. 20-30 meters long and about 10 meters up.

Hi, The thing is I only have about 70 cm of the cable available inside the building, before its connected to a barrel connector, so I can't keep cutting it back. Do you think this is WF125 cable, and that is why the "cablecon connectors" don't fit? I'm going to get my vernier caliper and measure the cable. What striping tool is best for this cable? Thanks

WF125 can be used if it is a long cable run the center conductor is 1.5mm in circumference As for stripping the cable i use a Stanley knife

Back