Add Youtube to a Firestick?

jazz

Is there a way to add a youtube app to a firestick without going through the amazon store?

Will this still work after the break between amazon and youtube in jan2018???, if not anyone know a way to carry on viewing youtube on firestick after the breakup date??.

Download the files in the post and put them in your adb directory.
If you don't already have adbLink use Google to find the download.
Install it.

1. Install Morelocale2 (from here):
    Code:
    adb install MoreLocale2-v2.3.1.apk
  2. Give Morelocale2 permissions :
    Code:
    adb shell pm grant jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocale android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION
  3. Run Morelocal2 on Fire stick, choose your language, if cannot find, go here(Settings/Applications/Manage Installed Applications/More Locale2/Launch Application)
  4. Install SmartYouTubeTV_Orig_v6.12.02_r.apk :
    Code:
    adb install SmartYouTubeTV_Orig_v6.12.02_r.apk
    (from https://smartyoutubetv.github.io/en/)
  5. Install Crosswalk library to support 1080p and above in SmartYouTubeTV for this link
    Code:
    adb install "Crosswalk Project Runtime_v23.53.589.4_apkpure.com.apk"
  6. Launch SmartYouTubeTV (Settings/Applications/Manage Installed Applications/SmartYouTubeTV/Launch Application)
  7. Connect SmartYouTubeTV to your google account via ""youtube.com/activate" using the provided code
This is not my work, I have found this on another forum. I have tested it and it works without any problems on my Firestick 2nd gen.

I won't link to the forum in this post but if you need to know where it is, PM me and I'll give you the link.

Back