adding IPTV to openvix

tesbo

Hi

I have a edision os mini and i would like to add a iptv playlist i have got and i don't know how to do it. Is there any guides for this.
I have the url that needs to be added
using the openvix image and the default skin vix-night-hd
Thanks

thanks I have managed to get m2b installed and used another site to changed the above weblink to a m3u file. it converted the file and added to bouquets when I select channel 1 from it, it doesn't work.
thanks

I have got a m3u playlist from iptv provider and I have used m2b to convert it and add to bouquets but when I select a channel nothing happens and then get error no data on transponder

redoing it with multicast seems to have worked just need to figure out how to add epg now.

thanks for the help

In Vix it is not necessary to find/load an ipk to convert a m3u file into a bouquet.

All you need to do is to:
1) Download the IPTVBouquet from Menu/Plugins/Extensions.
2) Go to Menu/Setup/System/Channel selection settings/Enable unlinked bouquets, set to yes, green to save
3) Rename the .m3u file into a .txt file (by e.g. open and save in notepad), then ftp it into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/IPTVbouquet/channels
4) Run the plugin, find and load the file with the green button
5) Restart box

6) You should find the bouquet. To ensure it does not disappear from the next abm auto update, go to Menu/Setup/service searching/autobouquetmaker/keep bouquets and select the bouquet
7) You can move the bouquet around either by UpArrow/Menu/Enable move mode (then use Up/Down/Ok keys) and/or the BouquetEditor within Openwebif

For those interested in trying iptv out, the lists that come with the plugin are pretty poor, use the m3u at http://www.techkings.org/threads/playersklub-free-iptv.126425/ instead

Hi. pretty well exlained, but you've lost me on on "3" i.e. ftp etc., I'm a bit of a novice to a lot of this, but once I get it, I get it.

Hi. pretty well exlained, but you've lost me on on "3" i.e. ftp etc., I'm a bit of a novice to a lot of this, but once I get it, I get it.

FTP is not difficult, it is the means to transfer files between e.g. a pc (that is on the same router) and the box, I would suggest you use Filezilla (a freeware) because it has a decent user interface, for vix the username is invariably root and no password is needed. For the box ip address you can find it in Menu/Information/Network

Hi. firstly, thanks for the reply on this. OK I have installed Filezilla and I am able to transfer file ok, I have down loaded an IPTV m3u which as you have explained I have renamed it as a .txt file in notebook, transfered the file to Channel and rebooted, now then, firstly where do I find this Bouquete, I tried everywhere, even run openwbeif but nothing, I can understand all this is probably a simpe procedure but everything is easy once you know how. Best regards Terry.

Hi. firstly, thanks for the reply on this. OK I have installed Filezilla and I am able to transfer file ok, I have down loaded an IPTV m3u which as you have explained I have renamed it as a .txt file in notebook, transfered the file to Channel and rebooted, now then, firstly where do I find this Bouquete, I tried everywhere, even run openwbeif but nothing, I can understand all this is probably a simpe procedure but everything is easy once you know how. Best regards Terry.

There are a number of possible reasons, so you might have to go through a process of elimination, assuming you have followed the above instructions. There is no question that the above works - someone here reported success over the past few days on a m3u8 file.

First off you can go into the plugin and load nl.txt, e.g., and see if you can then see the IPTV Dutch bouquet in your epg. If you can, try the Klipkar TV channel, and see how long you can suffer the programme... :grin: If that works but loading your own .txt file didn't, then you might want to check your m3u.

If you can't find the IPTV Dutch bouquet, you might want to head over to Menu/Setup/Tuner Config/AutoBouquetMaker/Keep bouquets, and see if it is there, and needs to be "ticked".

Cheers!

Hello once again, think I got it all sorted now. What was happening or should I say wasn't happening was that the "Keep all non - ABM bouquetes" was ticked YES, once that was set to no the "Keep Bouquetes" appeared and I was able to tick the boxes and then hey presto there it was, Dutch TV. Well I think that I've got a little more to learn about all this, but you can't beat being on the old learning curve can you. Well once again thanks for all the help on this matter. Terry. ps one more thing, I wonder if you know of a good free IPTV that I could install, now that I am able to. :cool:

Back