Advice/Multi Q's

thegct

Hi all,

I still have my ZGemma H.S2 laying around after things went south, my Freeview signal has become awful recently and am considering going down the IPTV route.

So general questions are:

I like to have an EPG and the ability to record things easily, are these both easily obtainable?
Can I have the box setup with Freesat and IPTV? (even if IPTV is in a separate bouqet)
I realise that all providers will differ, but what is the general reliability of IPTV these days? [Last time I looked things were very hit and miss]
Also is Timeshift working with IPTV?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I like to have an EPG and the ability to record things easily, are these both easily obtainable?
Yes, but depends on provider.

Can I have the box setup with Freesat and IPTV? (even if IPTV is in a separate bouqet)
Yes

I realise that all providers will differ, but what is the general reliability of IPTV these days? [Last time I looked things were very hit and miss]

Take a few tests and see which suits your needs

Hi all,

I still have my ZGemma H.S2 laying around after things went south, my Freeview signal has become awful recently

Thanks in advance!
You say you have a satellite box laying around, then that your freeview signal has become awful recently' which is it a freeview signal or a freesat signal that has become awful?

You say you have a satellite box laying around, then that your freeview signal has become awful recently' which is it a freeview signal or a freesat signal that has become awful?
Freeview, which is why I want to get the box back up

Freeview, which is why I want to get the box back up

Freeview is through a terrestrial TV aerial - Freesat is through a sat dish - There is no terrestrial tuner on a H2S so you will need to set it up for Freesat and then add an IPTV sub.

1 you can have a EPG and record things.
2. You can setup for free sat and IPTV
3. IPTV is reliable and stable the trick is to get a good supplier as always.

IPTV can be a funny thing make sure you setup exactly as your supplier recommends.

Consider whether you are going to use a VPN.

All good supiers will be able to provide what you are looking for. providing you have the correct hardware.

Back