Advice needed VM connection

rnsmusic

Hey guys need some help here I'm due to move house very soon and have found out that the owners have a VM connection not internet but cable.

I'm looking to get on the cable scene and wanted to know what am I supposed to do with the VM connection?

I'm looking to buy a zgemma box is it as easy as getting the cable wire and connecting it in the box of the zgemma and then buying a VM line?

Please advise.

All the help you need is on this site.
Defining easy is a hard question to answer, are you new to the scene?
Easy for some, very difficult to peeps who fear technology

You need a splitter and a.cable box. The same vm cable carries all the channels an the broadbamd. Youll also need a line amd s bit of time to set everything up

You need VM BB to run your box not a TV feed.
no you don't, it will work with no virgin account as long as there is a virgin feed coming into the house.
Hey guys need some help here I'm due to move house very soon and have found out that the owners have a VM connection not internet but cable.

I'm looking to get on the cable scene and wanted to know what am I supposed to do with the VM connection?

I'm looking to buy a zgemma box is it as easy as getting the cable wire and connecting it in the box of the zgemma and then buying a VM line?

Please advise.
Don't spend a fortune as cable has just a few months left, get a good line but don't subscribe to a full year as it's looking unlikely to last that long as Virgin are now calling customers with older boxes asking them to upgrade to the V6 and if they decline virgin are telling them their old boxes will 'stop functioning eventually'.

no you don't, it will work with no virgin account as long as there is a virgin feed coming into the house.

Don't spend a fortune as cable has just a few months left, get a good line but don't subscribe to a full year as it's looking unlikely to last that long as Virgin are now calling customers with older boxes asking them to upgrade to the V6 and if they decline virgin are telling them their old boxes will 'stop functioning eventually'.

Thank you very much for all the replies.

So the cable feed is the same as the VM BB as in the wire? As I've seen a video on YouTube showing how to set up zgemma with VM

I have read the reports that the old boxes will not work in the end. What would u say the max VM has another 5 or 6 months or by the end of this year?

Thank you very much for all the replies.

So the cable feed is the same as the VM BB as in the wire? As I've seen a video on YouTube showing how to set up zgemma with VM

I have read the reports that the old boxes will not work in the end. What would u say the max VM has another 5 or 6 months or by the end of this year?
A lot of people are scaremongering. I doubt that anything will happen for the foreseeable future...

A lot of people are scaremongering. I doubt that anything will happen for the foreseeable future...
I normally agree when people say things about it ending, but this time I know people that have had the call from vm. The last thing I want to do is scaremonger, believe me it's not in my interest, but I believe you got to be honest with people. VM publically stated months ago that they would be switching everyone over to the V6 later this year.

If your worried about it ending don’t do it
Keep your money and get a hobby

Between now and the time that it ends you will save a lot of money even if it’s only a few months to the proper things

If your worried about it ending don’t do it
Keep your money and get a hobby

Between now and the time that it ends you will save a lot of money even if it’s only a few months to the proper things
Yes, it's worth doing, but my point was the op says he is looking to buy a box, my point was don't spend a fortune on a box, ie spend 50-60 on zgemma and if cable dies you can use as a freeview pvr/iptv, spend 250 on a vu+ uno 4k and when cable goes you just have expensive iptv box.

If cable does stop working , it wont be for awhile yet, its gonna take a long time for vm to retrieve all the old boxes, they are also not going to switch hundreds or even thousands of old boxes off on paying customers, risking losing them, just not going to happen, i have said before that i have 2 nephews, both working as engineers for vm and they are not aware of anything yet, one of them has a zgemma h2h combo box at home, i have asked him to let me know if he hears anything regards this issue.

Any Enigma 2 type boxes can be tweeked to run IPTV if cable goes tits up

You will need one of these to connect to your box

cable connector.jpg

Anyone know what this green cross means? Had a few VM Engineers outside the house during the day.

Attachments

• IMG_2312.jpg
    IMG_2312.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 34
Vm and bt use the green cross in order to tell the spot as to where to dig up, as said above, probaly a blocked duct.

Back