Advice on Sly compatible boxes

steddyman

Hi guys. I'm new to all this so please be gentle, but I am reasonably technical.

I just got a Openbox F5s for receiving UK satellite services and the CCAM setup. It works way better than I thought it would but the box is only single tuner and has some HDMI issues for me with my amp and TV (cutting out ARC for example).

Is it only the Openbox / Skybox that can do the above, or can the more expensive boxes also be configured to use the exact same CCAM services? Looking at something like the VU+ Duo 2 as something good enough to replace a Sky HD box.

Also, can any of these boxes also run XBMC since they are Linux based at the same time, or is there alternative software stacks that give XBMC like functionality (for using the many useful plugins on XBMC for streaming)?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, for the price the F5s is good value for the money, most of HD channels are gone on all boxes, The VU Duo 2 is the rolls of Boxes ten times the price of your F5s and can be very mind testing to set up, (you get what you pay for) Newcamd is the best for both boxes. I have not myself be able to get XBMC working on the Vu Duo but I believe it can be done, if I do I will post, have fun.

I want the best or the wife will never let me replace the Sky HD box without massive ear ache.

I know my way around Linux. Duo2 ordered. Thanks

Back