Advise on Blade 7000s please.

score1_uk

Hi all,

Im very new to sat tv without sly (just left cause of the prices). I 1st went for a skybox f5s from fleebay with a free gift. It tends to freeze quite a bit and even with a 1tb external hdd I cant get the recording to work and the 7 day epg is not that good. I do however get the channels I want.

I have been reading this forum and the Blade 7000s seems to be a good box that can also have a free gift so I can still get the channels I want.

My questions are: Where can I buy this box (if indeed it is recommended), can I buy it with a free gift? is the epg any good and the recording functions??

I have a 8yo daughter and she has had sly her whole life and is not adapting the the skybox f5s at all. Im wondering if the Blade 7000s works more like the sly boxes?

Cheers for any info or advise :)

Hi if you are looking for a decent box like you say have a look at the cloud ibox2, i went over to one from the f5 and i am not looking back excellent epg check out cool tv guide on google and see what i mean....

i would go for the octagon sf8 if budget allows and forget about a cloud box overall they have had hit and miss reveiws. the octagon is £127.00 from world of sat and supports the vix image. once it is setup you dont need to touch it.

yes mike123 you right there are hit and misses maybe i have been lucky with my cloud ibox2 and for the price i payed £72 i think i got a bargain...

In a nut shell im looking for a box that is nice and close to how the sky plus hd box works, with similar epg and recording etc... Will the Blade not do this?? Do any of the other boxes mentioned have internal hdd or do they all need external hdd?

for internal hardrives you would have to step up to the vu+duo £255.00 includeds a 500 gig hardrive or £206 if you want to use your own. yes both boxes will have a 7 day epg simular to sky. remember unless you buy the duo you can only record the programme you are watching.

Only the channel ur watching? D'oh!! lol. I want to be able to record the F1 on sports F1 but coverage can start very early morning. Does the Vu+ Duo run Cccam? I was looking at vipcardsharing.com (admin please remove if not allowed to post addresses) but they only work with boxes that can run Cccam (dreambox etc).

---------- Post Merged at 12:45 PM ----------

Just read on amazon that u cant run c-lines (whatever they are) on the Vu+ Duo. Is that correct??

of cause you can run c-lines on all the boxes that have been recomended. if you dont want a dual tuner just go for the octagon sf8.

Get a blade 5000s instead if you want a blade just as good as bm7000s but a lot cheaper and a better 7 day epg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i recently bought blade 7000s and then few weeks after skybox, the skybox works just as well but alot cheaper!!!

isnt the freezing issue more of your line provider as opposed to the box?

Back