After daily EPG update box only shows radio channels on guide

After the daily EPG update, the box only shows radio channels when I select EPG on the remote. If I input channel 101 on remote it selects Radio 1 instead of BBC 1.

The only way I can get back to TV is by using the brilliant Dream EPG app on my phone and select BBC 1 HD from there. Then when I press EPG again it reverts and shows TV channels.

Any idea i) how to change to TV channels (don't even use radio on the TV) using TV remote ii) to prevent this from happening each and every day? I'm using a fresh install of OpenVix with the sly 3 skin if it matters.

Thanks in advance.

You didn't accidentally hit the radio button on the remote, try hitting the TV button I think it's at the bottom left of the remote.

No, it's been doing this for the past 3 or 4 days without me touching anything on the remote. I guess pressing the TV button on the remote solves the issue but any idea how to stop it from doing this as it seems random to say the least?

Reboot box or turn it from standby to on it should load the channel you've chosen

After daily update and doing what you said, it shows some random radio channel and when I press EPG it still shows radio, rather than TV, channels.

I could press TV on remote but two issues with that i) my wife is a technophobe and will have no idea what to do if it's like this even if I tell her to use the remote and press TV ii) to make things tidy in my house, I have a harmony remote and so don't want to keep using the ZGemma remote for this one command.

Any ideas?

You can set the box to always start after reboot to a set channel e.g BBC1.
To do that Press the fav button if you have one on the zgemma remote, or press the arrow up button to reveal the fav menu.

Highlight the channel you want the box to start with when the box is rebooted or from standby.
Press the Menu button and select Set as startup service in the menu and then select either just reboot or standby mode.

now when the box is turned off, it should boot to the set channel.

You can set the box to always start after reboot to a set channel e.g BBC1.
To do that Press the fav button if you have one on the zgemma remote, or press the arrow up button to reveal the fav menu.

Highlight the channel you want the box to start with when the box is rebooted or from standby.
Press the Menu button and select Set as startup service in the menu and then select either just reboot or standby mode.

now when the box is turned off, it should boot to the set channel.

Yeah I've done that (BBC1) but for the second time it reverts to radio. This is without putting it in standby. It's got something to do with the daily update.

I also restored to my first backup after a clean install of OpenVix and it still did it this morning. Wife put the TV on first thing this morning and moaning she couldn't get the TV to work come on (she's a technophobe and just wants things to work!) so I need to find a way to sort this. Any other ideas?

UPDATE

After trying so many things, I think I may have cracked it. I uninstalled EPG Dream app from my phone (checked settings and nothing jumped out at me as obvious) which was running slow when populating the guide. After reinstalling, it's not only generating the EPG list immediately, but for two days I've not had the issue re switching to radio and only getting radio channels unless I press 'TV' on the Zgemma remote.

so a bit strange but I'm very happy - now everything seems to be working smoothly. Hope it helps if anyone else has this issue or something similar.

Back