AGC on Sat tuner B

Can someone advise if there is an issue when the B tuner only attains 47% on the AGC meter.

I have tested on 4 different channels and find that tuner A gives 98 - 99% but tuner B consistently reads 47%.

Is this a preset value?

On both tuners the SNR is well within acceptable levels between 70 and 85%.

Can I also ask if the low AGC levels could impact the performance and cause freezing / glitching.

Thanks.

My snr on tuner a is 100% and agc 98% on tuner b snr is 76% and agc is 25% and i never have any problems with recording and watching channels

like andy828 my agc is around 25% on tuner b but around 98% on tuner a
dont cause me any issues when im recording so guess its ok

I raised this issue a few months ago. My AGC value on tuner b is zero! And, never had a problem. SNR is 99% on BBC1 HD. There are others in here also have zero values without issues. It's possibly an OpenATV bug showing rogue values.

The other thing listed in the signal finder is Ber (I think, not at the box at the minute)
That is the error rate and should be at 0%

Just checked mine tuner A SNR= 95% AGC 99% BER 0%

tuner B SNR= 95% AGC 89% BER 0%

Does change when it rains heavy.
Have you tried swapping the cables round and check again.

This has been discussed before and there is nothing new on this thread. You have said your channels don't glitch, do there is nothing to worry about. I have personally seen 2 boxes with AGC values of zero on tuner B that work perfectly, as have other users on this forum.

Back