Alternate flashing method

I have a zgemma star 2s, other then via the rear usb and within the firmware is there any other method of flashing the firmware onto them

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the reply. Problem is I can't get access to the box and it doesn't get past the boot. I've tried that many different memory sticks and different ways of formatting them lost count lol. Going to maybe attempt later see if I can link it to a network and see if I can access it via from, although I doubt I will be able to.

I was was hopening of an alternate way other then via the use to flash it. Just doesn't seem to get beyond the boot after it had been flashed. I'm Pritty show it just the memory stick at fault but I've tried easy 10 or so I haven been out and bought and what I had lying around.

Last edited:
I'll try again tonight I have tried both but not together. I will low format tonight with HDD Guru then create the fat 32 partition with hp format and go from there. The memory stick pen I bought most recently people have had success with in other posts, so will try with that one again. Failing that not sure what to do. Just keep trying USB sticks I suppose until one works.

I have just low formatted the usb with HDD guru then used a full fat 32 format with HP usb tool. I used wooshbuild back up image on here for the Zgemma Star s2. Again comes up with flash for several minutes then moves onto boot but goes no further. I was told somewhere when boot shows pull the usb then it should count to 100 ( it doesn't do that, it just stays on boot). I then repeated this process with the open 5.1 build from zgemma website and just get the same result.

i thought i would try and access the zgemma box via filezilla as it shows a network connection. I logged onto the router to get the ip address, when i attempt to connect the box rejects it and i get a ECONNREFUSED error.

I have one more memory stick i have ordered coming a kingston Data traveller 8GB, if that fails to work then i give up. I have used minimum 8 different sticks surely one would be compatible.

Back