Alternative media player?

Hi all,

Our zGemma H2.S is working really well on Hotbird, using a line to access Polish channels that my missus watches.

There's only one gripe, really: the media player. We're running OpenATV because, well, we're not accessing Sky channels so I don't want the Sky look of Whooshbuild. But the media player has a very clunky interface; if you haven't finished watching one recording, but you try to access another, it just starts adding to an ever-lengthening playlist that you then have to go in and empty.

Just wondering - does Whooshbuild come with a different media player? Or is an alternative to the stock OpenATV one available to download or run as a plugin?

Hope someone can help.

Regards to all,

Discy

Just change the sky skin on wb if you dont want it. woosh and chabs have actually made a brand new skin based on freeview...which is excellent.

Discmeister if you go to menu/plugins find EMC enter it and change disable EMC from no to yes press green to save then restart gui. This will revert you to the standard media player and stop the overly complicated EMC from running, Emc is the clunky interface you are seeing

Last edited:
Just change the sky skin on wb if you dont want it. woosh and chabs have actually made a brand new skin based on freeview...which is excellent.
Is this skin available as a standalone ipk or just as part of wooshbuild as I have not seen it anywhere?. There is no wooshbuild specifically for my receiver so can't use that

Discmeister if you go to menu/plugins find EMC enter it and change disable EMC from no to yes press green to save then restart gui. This will revert you to the standard media player and stop the overly complicated EMC from running, Emc is the clunky interface you are seeing

Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried doing this, but it makes no difference. I believe the interface I'm finding a bit clumsy is actually just Media Player - no mention on there at all of EMC (indeed, there wasn't before I followed your instruction, even though disable EMC was indeed set on no). I just want a media player that doesn't have a playlist - it's either playing a file that I've told it to play, or not doing so; it has no facility to build up a playlist queue of files I might want to watch at some point down the line. Does such a thing exist for OpenATV?

Disable EMC must be set to YES if it is set to no it will be running and is what you are seeing when you go to your recordings.

Are you able to post a screen shot of the clunky interface a picture makes things so much easier to recognise

It is set to YES. It was set as NO before. I don't notice any difference. The Media Player screen looks exactly the same. That's what is confusing me.

I guess I could just reflash completely in case there's something missing somewhere.

screenshot.jpg

Incidentally, these four items in the playlist are still there even after I deleted the playlist, and change the settings to tell the system not to save playlist on exit.

That is the standard media player I think. For your purposes it may be worth using EMC as that is far more configurable, there are a lot more options available in there.My usage of media player is different to you I access it by pressing filelist/pvr on remote and only use it for recordings playback. When opened on mine it looks like thismedia 1.jpg

That is the standard media player I think. For your purposes it may be worth using EMC as that is far more configurable, there are a lot more options available in there.My usage of media player is different to you I access it by pressing filelist/pvr on remote and only use it for recordings playback. When opened on mine it looks like thisView attachment 28054

Okay, then. Thanks for all your help. Because of your perserverence, I've discovered that I've been using the standard Media Player all along - so now I've found hotkeys to load Movie Center, which is, in itself, already much better!

Thanks again!

Discy

Okay good luck with configuring things the way you like it. Sorry can't be of any more assistance, to answer your earlier question as far as I know there are only the 2 media players available for Atv both of which are preinstalled

Thanks so much for all your help. The other player that you suggested is much, much better and is working well.

I have one other 'newbie' query that I'll post here. We've been watching the NC+ package from Poland, including Nick Jr and Nickolodeon. Now, though, the channels have stopped working. I've looked around the web a bit and found the following update from a few days ago...

'The mux with 'Comedy Central Family Polska', 'Comedy Central Polska', 'MTV Live HD', 'MTV Music Polska', 'MTV Polska', 'Nick Jr Europe', 'Nickelodeon HD', 'Nickelodeon Polska', 'Paramount Channel Polska' and 'VH1 Polska' has left 11075V, now available on 12015H.'

Don't suppose someone could point me in the right direction on how to adjust or rescan to get these channels into my list somehow? An awful 'newbie' question, I know, but I've tried several rescans and manually selecting the transponder, but to no avail...

Discy

When you do a manual scan of that transponder the channels that it finds will end up in the bouquet called last scanned. If you then go to the last scanned bouquet open it and highlight the channel you want to move, then press menu you will see an option called add service to bouquet. Go down to add service to bouquet and press ok and a list of your bouquets will open, select where you want it to go and press ok. I always use the bouquet called favourites to save to and have a list in there of all my favourite channels as you can pick any channel from any bouquet and add it to this bouquet using the same method.. Also if you use autobouquetsmaker if you enter it and go to configure there is an option in there to keep all non-abm bouquets make sure it is set to yes, this will stop your favourites bouquet from being overwritten when abm rescans.

Back