Alternative remote for ZGEMMA Star 2s?

Where did you find one for £13.99?

I hate to say this, but I think Amazon pulled their old trick of upping the price after something gets ordered. The cheapest I can see now is £16.09 which is only £2.10 more:

One For All URC 6430 Simple 3 Universal remote: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It is no good back tracking now.... it is up there look ^ you said £13.99 :-) I will let you off though as you supplied a link to save my little mouse clicking.

I will get round to buying one as soon as poss.

(y)UPDATE!!!! (y)I purchased a all4one URC6430 simple 3 they did not have zgemma on there system but after talking with customer support they have since added it , ive just set it up using the online setup and it works spot on...100 times better than the crappy standard remote. The only issue is the exit button does not work just yet but you can get these remotes to learn (copy) new buttons so no problem. Highly reccomend

Hey, I've got mine now and it is great. It's nice to have a remote you don't have to point directly at the box for it to work. One issue I'm having though is switching between the bouquets in the main EPG. I've assigned the fast forward/rewind buttons for it by copying Prev/Next and it does work but I have to long press them. Is yours the same or do you know another way of doing it? Ta.

View attachment 15511
I know you said not the Logitech harmony but their basic harmony 300 is amazing for these boxes. Like you I wanted the numbers at the bottom and this has them at the bottom section and it's amazing to input text into things like iptvplayer as it is just like using an old Nokia for texting. Surprising how easy it is to still type all retro. Also like the fact you can program the watch tv button to turn on tv and box ( and Hifi if attatched) with one press. Also the way the tv input button changes the tv's input even if your on the sattalitte part of the remote. Was just over a tenner brand new on auction sites and Amazon. Especially great as my missus is blind and buttons are slightly indented and shaped so she knows where she is on keypad but also good for us sighted people to use without having to look at remote. I hated the original remote.
I used to buy "one for all" universal remotes for years, I've had this one for about a year & prefer it to one for all remotes.

It is updated online & tends to have all the newer devices unlike one for all where I've had to ring to get a code or have to send the remote back to them to program a device in to it for me.

(y)UPDATE!!!! (y)I purchased a all4one URC6430 simple 3 they did not have zgemma on there system but after talking with customer support they have since added it , ive just set it up using the online setup and it works spot on...100 times better than the crappy standard remote. The only issue is the exit button does not work just yet but you can get these remotes to learn (copy) new buttons so no problem. Highly reccomend

Hey, I've got mine now and it is great. It's nice to have a remote you don't have to point directly at the box for it to work. One issue I'm having though is switching between the bouquets in the main EPG. I've assigned the fast forward/rewind buttons for it by copying Prev/Next and it does work but I have to long press them. Is yours the same or do you know another way of doing it? Ta.

Mine just worked fine straight off apart from the exit button, the silver ring is what i use to navigate, works spot on for me, im on mtpockets 4.2

Does anyone know if the URC6430 will work with the Zgemma H.2S? I think the remote is different to the one that comes with the S2

Hey, i've gpt the URC7960 and the Zgemma wasn't in their manual so i just set it up manually, however since i saw your post i had a look online and cannot find the ZGemma 2S in their Universal Control Setup.. do you have a link?

I've bought the URC6430 and it's arrived but haven't got round to setting it up yet. As soon as I have I'll post on here.

Ok I finally got round to trying the URC6430. There were no codes that I could see for it on the website so had to set it up manually. Only took about 5 mins and is now controlling my Zgemma h.2s perfectly!

when i looked online there was no codes for it but when i hooked it up via the usb cable in the list there was zgemma :-) cracking things

Just got mine, and it's loads better that the Zgemma one!

I set it up from the 'simpleset' website for Zgemma, then 'copied' the return arrow button to be 'exit' as I couldn't find a button with that function.

Only issue is switching between bouquets in the epg, the silver button moves right/left/up/down but I haven't found a button to switch bouquets. I am using Wooshbuild with Kiddacs Sly skin.

UPDATE: I turned debug on and found the fast forward/reverse buttons on the remote actually create next/previous song events
So, I copied the keymap.xml file into keymap.usr, added the next/previous song id's to the epg section, and selected the 'User keymap.usr' file in the setup menu.
Now I can switch bouquets in the epg :-)

Last edited:
I am new to zgemma h.2s. Only had it installed the other day after years with sky. I know zilch, nothing, zero about programming etc. I am very happy with the box, however, I have a disability which unfortunately means I am having trouble pressing the buttons on the zgemma remote control. The larger buttons on the URC 6430 looks as if it would be better for me. If I buy one would you guys be able to give me an idiot proof walk through to set it up, or better still can anyone point me in the direction of where to buy one that would work straight out the box. I understand I would have to pay more for this. Any help would be appreciated.

It is unlikely you will be able to find a remote that is already setup, as no remote can hold codes for every device.

In the case of the URC6430 you need to go to the simple set website: SimpleSet.com Home and follow the instructions to load the ZGemma codes onto the remote, then configure the remote to use them. This is the trickiest step, which needs to be followed exactly. Most of the buttons should now work on the ZGemma.

I use Kiddac's Sly skin and found the I couldn't change the bouquet in the EPG (see above), but I can supply my modified keymap.xml file if you want it.

If you decide to go for the URC6430 I can expand on any of the steps you need to get it working.

Just got mine, and it's loads better that the Zgemma one!

I set it up from the 'simpleset' website for Zgemma, then 'copied' the return arrow button to be 'exit' as I couldn't find a button with that function.

Only issue is switching between bouquets in the epg, the silver button moves right/left/up/down but I haven't found a button to switch bouquets. I am using Wooshbuild with Kiddacs Sly skin.

UPDATE: I turned debug on and found the fast forward/reverse buttons on the remote actually create next/previous song events
So, I copied the keymap.xml file into keymap.usr, added the next/previous song id's to the epg section, and selected the 'User keymap.usr' file in the setup menu.
Now I can switch bouquets in the epg :-)

English idiot guide please?

If you read the earlier posts, you will see that you need to go to the 'simpleset' website http://www.simpleset.com/, this has the base codes for the Zgemma.
Any codes it doesn't have you can have your 'one for all' learn from the original Zgemma remote.

Back