alternative to vu+ player

dsayers2014

VIP Member
Hi dose anyone know of an alternative to vu+ player mine was working fine until last couple of days now it says connection failed my brother has the same problem at he's house. I would like something similar that's easy to set up because I let kids use it

Yea I've also tried rebooting router and box still no difference and double checked ip address. also over last few days it's done loads of updates witch makes me think it's vu update error do you have it working on yours.

---------- Post Merged at 10:16 PM ----------

Might try flashing your new image but I don't think that'll work because my brother is having same problem.
Does the new image solve streaming problem thanks.

updates from where as vix dont support this box,other images are supported,does vlc player work on these boxes?

ahh gotcha using phone or other device,dam remember something in the last year ,is address changed after updates so not logging in?

Hi Dsayers2014.
Not sure if this will help but, I've seen a couple of threads with the same problem with VU+ player not playing anymore. Mine used to work fine with sucmnsee's 131 OpenVix backup but since I updated (or rather reflashed) to his 165 backup......nothing! What was the difference? I thought! With the 165 backup there is no OpenWebif plugin installed. So I reinstalled it through 'Menu - plugins -download plugins- extensions, then install OpenWebif then just inputted my box's IP address in the Vu+ player app. It now works fine.
Not sure which image or version you are using but it worked for me.
Let us know how you go on if this works or not. Hope it helps.
Glensorie

Last edited:
Hmmm..interesting! Time for a spot of tinkering.
Just when you thing you've got the perfect setup, someone comes along and throws a spanner in the works. Ah! well, technology never stands still eh! always something to tweak here and there.

What am I doing wrong???

Trying to set this up on my tablet but I keep getting connection failed? I can open the Openwebif in a browser but it won't play anything...then other times it asks for a user name and password! is there a default?

Any assistance would be helpful as I've tried VU+ player, tiMote, Dreamdroid...

Thanks in advance

yea mate default user name is root and password is left empty,
are you using the default port 80 and default stream port 8001?
also in timote are you selecting your reciever type as engima 2?
when you open in a browser and try to play something are you using windows media player as it cant play the file you need to download vlc player it can play any type of file.

Last edited:
Yes I'm using all of those settings. It won't let me put nothing in the password box...

When trying VU+ playerHD it shows as connected but if I select another icon it tells me there is no connection?

I was wondering if there is any other network services I need to install on the box to make this work?

check on your reciever that openwebif is enabled
if so then as long as your using the correct port (if you havnt changed it then its 80)
and username as root
password left empty
then shouldnt be a problem.
i do know that on the ipad you need to use the older version of vu player and not the hd one as it recogines that your not using a vu+ model
however on the android if you use timote and you select enigma 2, enter your ip of reciever, port 80, streaming 8001, enable login on, ssl off, user- root, password -blank then there should be no problems.

if all fails try downloading and using the vu+ player thats not on the play store but threw the internet browser (on your android)

Back