Amiko a3 help

jonnymac67

TK Supporter
Help I have been trying to fix a mate's amiko a3 the box seems to be stuck on the boot screen, does anyone have a recovery file that I can try to get it up and running again ta..

best reflash it or look up on google for the low level recovery tool for amiko a3, if its on 2.0.78 I'd remove that as that firmware causes the most problems with that box from my experience.

Hi
Thanks for the responses
Thanks for the website think I can use stuff on this, also as it's not my box I don't know what firmware it has in it, hopefully I can suss it out ta

start here https://sourceforge.net/projects/mysatbox/files/AMIKO/A3/RECOVERY/
download the amiko a3 recovery.zip

Then follow the instructions from here to make a bootable micro sd or usb
https://www.sat-support.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=194&t=10383

Once you've got the box back up and running and it's on, hit the home icon on the remote, then hit the double left arrow to get to the left screen.
Click on updater and update the firmware
Thanks for that.

Will try it out as I have the same problem as the OP on both my A3 boxes.

Sometimes they boot fine , sometimes they keep coming up with 'android .... has stopped responding', etc.

Would be good to get them back working (even with just Freesat channels)

Thanks for that.

Will try it out as I have the same problem as the OP on both my A3 boxes.

Sometimes they boot fine , sometimes they keep coming up with 'android .... has stopped responding', etc.

Would be good to get them back working (even with just Freesat channels)

Find out what firmware your boxes are running, if they are on 2.0.78 remove that firmware off the boxes as that is the problem, downgrade to 2.0.72 as that is the last known really stable version.

My amiko a3 I dont use it no more but once I removed that firmware off and downgraded it, all the booting problems stopped and you will notice they are slightly faster too.

Another thing I'd recommend is you remove the setting for quick standby to off regardless of what firmware your on as that can cause some screen issues when you quickly turn the box on, deep standby overall is best for least buggy experience.

Amiko a3s are buggy as hell but if you do what I have said will minimise it greatly.

Another tip, if you ever use the built in browser always delete the cache after as it bogs the box down.

Find out what firmware your boxes are running, if they are on 2.0.78 remove that firmware off the boxes as that is the problem, downgrade to 2.0.72 as that is the last known really stable version.

My amiko a3 I dont use it no more but once I removed that firmware off and downgraded it, all the booting problems stopped and you will notice they are slightly faster too.

Another thing I'd recommend is you remove the setting for quick standby to off regardless of what firmware your on as that can cause some screen issues when you quickly turn the box on, deep standby overall is best for least buggy experience.

Amiko a3s are buggy as hell but if you do what I have said will minimise it greatly.

Another tip, if you ever use the built in browser always delete the cache after as it bogs the box down.
Any idea where I can get the earlier firmware from?

All I see on his website now is amiko CCTV ?, Have got it working again but glad it's not my box as it would have been in the bin ages ago, vu+ for me anytime, thanks for people's help..

Back