Amiko Alien 2+ HD Triple Tuner Help

hello guys

just bought an amiko alien 2+ HD Triple Tuner and have spent a few hours on the forum but can't seem to find much support for this.

so basically my question is have I made the right choice? I bought it for £125 (on sale from £189)

i currently have two F5s boxes but looking to make the switch to cable as I currently have 4 VM boxes and broadband and want to replace them with these type of cable boxes to lower my bills.

i am looking to combine my current sat line with a new cable line so I picked this box

any help or advice would be much appreciated as I'm new to these cable boxes

thank you :)

hello guys

just bought an amiko alien 2+ HD Triple Tuner and have spent a few hours on the forum but can't seem to find much support for this.

so basically my question is have I made the right choice? I bought it for £125 (on sale from £189)

i currently have two F5s boxes but looking to make the switch to cable as I currently have 4 VM boxes and broadband and want to replace them with these type of cable boxes to lower my bills.

i am looking to combine my current sat line with a new cable line so I picked this box

any help or advice would be much appreciated as I'm new to these cable boxes

thank you :)

Just noticed this box on the net as well. Did you manage to get it up and running yet?

I've had a couple of these along the way, good for satellite but a weak tuner for cable, I had to use a booster as I have a weak signal.

I don't have one now, download the image you want on it from lavatronics download website, boot it up in enigma (E2) and set it up like other vix boxes, I remember the softcams where tricky to set up and they only liked oscam. Bees has done a guide on how to set up a combo box thats good.

the vix4eproject image wasn't great and I was advised on changing it to Hyperion image by someone who owns this box, after a bit of messing around to get box sat and cable lines working it's been working fine, On cable sky sports 1 HD stutters a lot with sky sports 2 HD working great so imo as he said there if you want it for cable the tuner seems weak, zgemma cable box have been recommended loads to me but if you're wanting it for sat then maybe give it a go.

also use Oscam converter edd to get your line on

the vix4eproject image wasn't great and I was advised on changing it to Hyperion image by someone who owns this box, after a bit of messing around to get box sat and cable lines working it's been working fine, On cable sky sports 1 HD stutters a lot with sky sports 2 HD working great so imo as he said there if you want it for cable the tuner seems weak, zgemma cable box have been recommended loads to me but if you're wanting it for sat then maybe give it a go.

also use Oscam converter edd to get your line on

Sounds like a lot of messing about and I don't see it mentioned much on here so buying it might end in disaster knowing my luck, might just steer clear of this box and try another combo box. The vu+ duo 2 is screaming out to me but haven't got the stones to take the plunge given its price

Back