amiko alien 2 help . pixal trouble

tomsta79

hi there ive got a amiko alien 2 . with openatv 4.1 on it enigma 2 spark .. thing i want to ask is i get blurring/pixelation around images on a few channels on box . so the thing i want to ask what are these tuners like >> DVB-C/T/T2 << because am starting to think its down to this tuner being cheap in box and cant cope with high freqs.. changed new wire new splitter new hdmi cable and bought one of these as well>> Cable-Or-TV-Attenuator-0-20DB still the same only on a few channels could any one let me no thanks

Think you might be right, it sounds like the tuner.

I had Amiko mini combo, a mate had the same, with exactly the same problem.

Signal levels used to show low on some channels, only on the cable side though (Sat seemed ok, so now it's been relegated to the bedroom)

They seemed pretty random as far as I could tell, some FTA some SD some HD.

Picture used to pixalate , then come back and then do it again. The lower the signal on any particular channel the worse it was.

They where all slightly different. When channels had a good signal strength I didn't have a problem. It was always the same ones which had the problem.

Some people have since posted about them having similar issues with the T2/C, both are cheaper versions of yours but it wouldn't be a shock
if it turned out they where all using the same tuner would it.

Running a miraclebox now, never had any issue with signal strength on any channel, same cable in, same line.

If I come across any fixes I will let you know

true what your saying about the same cheap tuners in all the amiko boxs..snr 99 always the same on every channels as well m8 must be down to these tuners 100 per cent then .. going to try and sell and buy a miraclebox twin combo which is dual core 400mhz. only problem is
World-of-Satellite has none in stock none at all even your version of the box.. so if i want this version >miraclebox twin combo dual core 400mhz< i would have to buy from abroad and am a bit unsure of doing that m8

Back