Amiko combo - Satellite signal 6%

iking

Hello All,

I am new to this form so please let me know if anyone asked this question already. I bought new amiko combo mini box updated the lavatronics firmware. Connected my satellite cable and started the box. When I go to menu > satellite installation and browse to Astra 28.2E it says signal quality is 6% !!! basically it is not recognising the dish. I did have this satellite working with another box couple of days back.

Please help to find out what is the issue here. My head is going :fear:

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers..

21-01-2015:
I went to satellite installation and choose Astra2A 28.2E and went to Tp Index and clicked right button - Certain TP Index comes back with 90% Level & Quality and others comes back with 0% Level 6% Quality. Is this because of some reason?

Also when I TP Scan ones with 90% quality it all showing only HD channels?

Update: I went through each and every TP. Whichever TP having Level and Quality 90% It is scanind few channels like ITV/Channel 4 - After scan if I go to tv mode and go to channel I can see quality and level 90% for few seconds and then goes back to Level 0% and Quality 6%. Not sure why. BTW BBC ONE HD/BBC TWO HD working fine.. so I think cable should be fine. Investigation still goes on... :(

Last edited:
Just to add. I did blind scan as per bees fantastic tutorial in this forum.

It went through a whole lot of channel and once finished I again went to tv channel it says quality is 6% level 0. Not sure what is wrong here? Is my cable length not enough (I mean the copper bit).

Please help.. I am itching to get this going.

Hello All,

Sorted...

I deleted all channels then did a single scan which brought all channels and everything working fine. I am happy man again. Thanks for all who looked in to this thread. Hope this will be useful to another novice.

Cheers.

Back