Amiko HD Combo Problem

Chunkey

Hi

I have just setup my combo and get excellent quality on my cable connection. With no coaxial cables connected I am getting lost of interference on the screen I get flashing red lines running up and down the screen. When I plug in the cable connection I get a great picture and very good signal strength but every couple of seconds the screen goes blank and then comes back on.

Has anybody else seen this kind of behaviour ? The box is brand new

Cheers

Chunkey

recheck your cable connections first as box needs good not botched connections,to work on sat or cable you need a live feed plus lan connection,
thinking your setup might need reviewing if using splitters are they cheap and faulty?

seen posted today box has a weak cable tuner but is it this model or others? hence why feedback is needed as it helps others.

Last edited:
I have a live feed plus rock solid connection + Ethernet. I have interference issues with no coax connections.

maybe that is your problem box needs a permanent sat or rf cable feed as the earth is used on those to earth box,remember loads of boxes are 2 pin not 3 pin.

with both sat and cable feeds connected approximately every 20 seconds the box crackles and the picture goes blank them comes back on. It does the same on the menu screens. looks like it is picking up some interference from somewhere.

is that a 2 pin plug making a bad connection in 3 pin socket had them troubles before,hmm if your are on wifi it can or hard wired to router,check with hdmi is fully inserted or try another,rule out things one by one.
old cables are not shielded as well as newer ones,box should still work with power and hdmi cables and if it crackes and goes off again maybe contact supplier.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions cactikid. I am using connections from my VuDuo box so I know they are ok. I have the Ethernet hard wired so I think it may be a problem with the box. I will talk to sat shop tomorrow and see what they suggest. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Chutney its your box mi ive just spoken to a freind of mine on another site his box is immaculate running all hd

Not got any cams setup just viewing FTA at the moment (or trying to...LOL). I am going to speak to Sat Shop later today and see if they can provide a solution

Back