amiko mini combo extra

boxer2011

can anyone tell me how to do a cable channel scan on this box, I have done a sat one on it but struggling to do cable scan, thanks

Do any members know anything about this box??
I'm in the same boat as boxer2011.
I downloaded the latest firmware (1.0.46_emu.abs and 1.0.46_mcas.abs) but when I tried Software Upgrade via USB I got a message saying:
Bootloader version mismatch - please check or Check Software Version Error.

I downloaded other versions of the firmware and I managed to do an upgrade with version 1.0.09 which gave me access to the Server List.
I put my line in and the server became active - great I thought !!!
However, when I saved all of the settings and went into the Installation menu to do a blind scan nothing happens - the white (blind scan) button doesn't work.

The link gravehead gave above is for the Amiko Mini HD Combo NOT the Amiko Mini Combo Extra.

I had the Amiko Mini Combo box for years and I set it up no problem - this one's doing my head in !!!!!!!

Any help would be appreciated or if someone could point me (and boxer2011) in the right direction.

Cheers

Do any members know anything about this box??
I'm in the same boat as boxer2011.
I downloaded the latest firmware (1.0.46_emu.abs and 1.0.46_mcas.abs) but when I tried Software Upgrade via USB I got a message saying:
Bootloader version mismatch - please check or Check Software Version Error.

I downloaded other versions of the firmware and I managed to do an upgrade with version 1.0.09 which gave me access to the Server List.
I put my line in and the server became active - great I thought !!!
However, when I saved all of the settings and went into the Installation menu to do a blind scan nothing happens - the white (blind scan) button doesn't work.

The link gravehead gave above is for the Amiko Mini HD Combo NOT the Amiko Mini Combo Extra.

I had the Amiko Mini Combo box for years and I set it up no problem - this one's doing my head in !!!!!!!

Any help would be appreciated or if someone could point me (and boxer2011) in the right direction.

Cheers

I might sound like I'm stating the obvious but you did add the symbol rate 6952 to blind scan yeah??

Thanks for the reply garyth - yes, set the symbol rate to 6952 (it was defaulted to 6950) - no joy!!
I've had boxes for years, Starviews, Blades, Amiko (Mini Combo HD) and have always managed to get them up and running but this ones got me beat.
I've spent hours on Google but there doesn't seem much info on this box out there.

Thanks for the reply garyth - yes, set the symbol rate to 6952 (it was defaulted to 6950) - no joy!!
I've had boxes for years, Starviews, Blades, Amiko (Mini Combo HD) and have always managed to get them up and running but this ones got me beat.
I've spent hours on Google but there doesn't seem much info on this box out there.

Got me stumped then as that's what I would do, cable install, set the symbol rate to 6952 and blind scan. When you say it doesn't work, do you mean it just don't find any channels after scan?

It won't even start the scan garyth - when you press the white button nothing happens - it's unresponsive.
The green scan button works but it only scans a single "frequency" (eg 1/70) at a time and finds nowt !!

It won't even start the scan garyth - when you press the white button nothing happens - it's unresponsive.
The green scan button works but it only scans a single "frequency" (eg 1/70) at a time and finds nowt !!

is it not possible to drop a channel list into those boxes now? its a while since I used one..... try another firmware as there's no reason for the scan not to proceed if the feeds in and all has been done as per your end

Those boxes are not as functional as the original,you cant do a blind scan with white button,it wont take a channel list from usb stick,no other firmware available,cable tuner is very bad.
On a manual scan you repeatedly have to change the symbol rate and known transponders that work on any other box wont work on this.
Steer clear of these buckets of shite....new firmware needed or bye bye Amiko.

Back